marks on tops of feet,ankles,legs

Old 08-11-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question marks on tops of feet,ankles,legs

AH has had these strange marks like small round dot kinda pinkish purple one or two on tops of feet and same on legs sometimes maybe more. He had been making quite a big deal about them at first kept calling them spider bites even let his mother look at them once.My mother noticed them and told me to tell him to leave them alone only clean and apply antibiotic ointment to them but do not pick or scratch due to hearing about some people she knew spreading staph infection to one another from what started as a spider bite. When I mentioned to him what my mother had said about staph he never mentioned the (spider bites)to me or anyone else again and now if I notice one of these marks on his feet or leg and ask him hey whats that place on your foot or leg?He will just look kinda caught off guard and say oh its just from my boots I wear at work or oh idk bug bite I guess.Now over the past year as my mother from talking to me has become more aware of my AH mood swings, manipulating, guilt and blame shifting and past pill addiction along with the alcohol abuse she has started to suspect these marks could be from injecting meth.Meth because he has a script for adderall and nuvigel whish his suboxone doc. is aware of so my mother thinks meth would just show up as the adderall or the doc would asume it was the adderall.I'm really not sure what to think I have told my mother I can only focus on what I know is going on Not on things I am not sure are going on and what I know is he is an alcoholic and he is drinking. Her concern I know is for me and her grand children,and I understand she worries about our safety above everything else at the same time I cant worry about something that I dont know is happening. If anyone has any opinions could offer any suggestions I would appreciate it.Thank you
Old 08-11-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As I don't know your husband, my question would be, if you directly ask him, would he offer the truth at all? Adderall is very addictive, so if he abuses that or cannot abuse it b/c he has run out it is possible he would turn to meth to supplement. I think it's pretty common for addicts to run out of Adderall then have to find a street drug until they can get their Rx filled.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
As I don't know your husband, my question would be, if you directly ask him, would he offer the truth at all? Adderall is very addictive, so if he abuses that or cannot abuse it b/c he has run out it is possible he would turn to meth to supplement. I think it's pretty common for addicts to run out of Adderall then have to find a street drug until they can get their Rx filled.
Thank you for your reply hopeful4, I dont think he would be honest with me if I directly ask him (are you shooting up meth?) he has such a twisted view of what honesty is, and if he did tell me anything he would proabably try to explain or make me see why this was actualy a good idea I rarely get surprised by the selfish **** he does anymore. What surprises me and confuses me is how things can be be going fine for a little while and I feel wrong for thinking these things then it starts all over again.Iam starting to see though that the times where Im considering things going fine might not even be what fine is to a normal family.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Most people, with a rash or bites on the tops of their feet would say..."oh, look at that, what the heck? Must have got bitten...and then do something about it.

Trust your instincts. I don't know why we codies feel we have to have "proof", perhaps because our addicted loved ones like to make us think we are crazy.

My instincts never once lied to me. Yours probably won't either.

The big question is, what are you going to do with this? It cannot be a good thing to live with someone and wonder if they are using or abusing drugs.

You don't have to answer here, just think about where you want your life to be a year from now...five years...ten years...because they pass quickly.

Hugs
Old 08-11-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel for you, been there. It turned out to be exactly what I thought it was, but I was in some kind of "need proof" phase where the panic was too much. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. What I found was that it didn't matter so much about the marks anymore, it was - could I live going through this type of panic and question anymore.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Pia

For years my x would have those red dots
He would say they are chiggar bites
Figured out meth marks. Does he wear long sleeve shirts in 100 degree weather tooo and say he is too skinny so he needs two shirts to fill his pants?