Notices

The Road Aheadd

Old 08-11-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Road Aheadd

Be been in a funk for the last few days and couldn't figure why. The fact that it was cloudy and rainy yesterday didn't help much. My av did a lot of talking.

Today I awoke to sunshine. Decided to take the dog for a walk. I did a lot of thinking and, decided that I'm acting like a victim. I'm not. I have to take responsibility for where I am in life. Unless that happens, my chances for recovery are about zero.

At the same time I realize the need for help. I can't do this alone. SR is helping a lot. Thinking about starting AA. This will be hard for me because I always thought of myself as a person who could tackle any problem by himself.

I've started my journey back though. A few months ago I literally felt like I was laying on my back at the bottom of a cliff, looking up at my life. A rock was on my chest and, I had no idea how I would ever get my life back. Life had no meaning. I now realize that the rock was alcohol. Hopefully the rock is now gone. I'm in my 13th day of sobriety, with the help of my hp I will make it to 14.

Everyone on this website is a gift from God. Thank you all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-2849223477.jpg (62.7 KB, 54 views)
Old 08-11-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

JSM, great job on day 13. That's a huge accomplishment; tomorrow will be two weeks.

Stay strong and enjoy that sunny day.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

right on!

I really recommend going for the AA commitment. You have nothing to lose and your life to gain.

Give it three months of 3-5 meetings a week and get a big book and read it all the way through, three times.

Regardless whether you become a permanent AA member for yourself or not - you are guranteed to learn more about addiction, more about yourself, and grow from the experience.

3 months and 3 readings of a book... that's all. Is that so much to ask? Is that such a big sacrifice to make when the potential upside is to change your entire life's path for the better? When the downside is absolutely nothing?

Please... give it a shot.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the compliment.
I think AA is a fantastic idea. I know I couldn't do it alone and tried for ten years. All it ever got me was a few days here and there.
When I went t AA I found people like me trying to solve their common problem with alcohol. We had so much in common, in that respect, but were so different in other ways. It amazed me.
Congratulations on thirteen days. Your Higher Power will be there with you. All you have to do is ask and believe.
Best to you, and great picture.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!! Day 13 is fantastic!!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

jsm273, sobriety is not a guarantee that you won't find yourself in a funk now and again. But it is a pretty good guarantee that you won't feel like you are at the bottom of a cliff with a large rock on your chest.

You had a nice walk, on a beautiful day, with a grateful pup leading the way. Looks like a meaningful life to me.

Good luck with your continuing journey. We are pulling for you.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great post, thanks for sharing.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You have given me hope. Great post.