5 years of AL ANON

Old 08-10-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

5 years of AL ANON

i was...a regular here for the 1st 2 years...gosh this place helped me so much..
alot of my "regulars" are off doing their own thing now...how i miss them, and some work here to help keep this site safe, and knowledgeable...

i sit here reading...my word! so many new people here...!! i shouldnt be shocked, this is another epidemic in the world of this aweful disease of ADDICTIONs of all sorts....

I have my power back, but sometimes, i still get the crazies with the recovering As in my life...

to all the new people here...read and read and please try those meetings, and if one does not work out for you, please try another...here, we do as much as we can...but the real work is out there, in the real world...

I am a co dependent, always will be....i keep me in check
al anon, and my sponsor helps me with my every day life...my children are "healthy" with the A's at bay with my boundaries...i must do what i can to save them and me from those crazy people...lol..

god bless
Old 08-10-2014, 09:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Maggie! I stop in sometimes. formerly liveweyerd
Old 08-10-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fourmaggie View Post
to all the new people here...read and read and please try those meetings, and if one does not work out for you, please try another...here, we do as much as we can...but the real work is out there, in the real world...
I think this same thing, ^^^^ fourmaggie. SR is absolutely a lifeline and daily source of learning, inspiration and understanding for me. But yes, my real job is to put what I'm reading and learning here to use in my day-to-day life.

Face-to-face Alanon works for me in different ways than SR. I feel so fortunate to have so many different good meetings to choose from. I know not everyone has those options.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fourmaggie!!! I'm so glad you're doing good and working your program in the real world! I have yet to let go of the lifeline that SR is, but I'm glad you no longer have a real need for being here -- although I do miss your wisdom!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

^^^ nice to see an "old" face..lol

i work in the service department...omy gosh, if it wherent for al anon, i would be having temper tantrums all the time...thats not good! i heard to learn to NOT RE ACT..but i learned to the RE ACT from the best...MY MOTHER! lol...we where just talking about this...

with home, GROWING kids and outside issue(family...o boy!) i thank god i have this program!

wisdom? if i have wisdom--its with trail and error *lol* i work very hard on me...lol

best of luck to all of you...as i learned the 1st year...I HAVE MY BACK BONE back...lol
Old 08-13-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i work in the service department...omy gosh, if it wherent for al anon, i would be having temper tantrums all the time
See, I keep telling people that EVERYONE can benefit from the wisdom in Al-Anon!!! (My job requires me to interact with people too -- and to be sweet and nice to them. I feel your pain there... )