Notices

Day 7 sober and went to club last night - ugh

Old 08-10-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Day 7 sober and went to club last night - ugh

So I'm on Day 7 and can't drink because i'm on Antabuse and will get sick. That is really the only reason I felt fine going to a club, otherwise I would have avoided it.

So, last night we went to see some bands at the local club that was packed out. This is my first time EVER in my life (and I'm 43) being in a bar/club and not drinking. Let me just say that drunk people are the most obnoxious people on the universe, and when I drink I'm way worse than most of the people there so I can only imagine what a fool I've looked like.

It felt good to be the designated driver. I enjoyed and actually remember all of the music for once. The only thing is...there is no crazy story to tell this morning. Normally I would get drunk, meet people, do something nutty, end up somewhere interesting, cause drama, etc. But I'd also end up feeling crummy, injured from who-knows-what, embarrassed and ashamed. So I guess have to take the *boring* with the good.

Just wanted to share my experience. It definitely felt strange to me but overall wasn't too bad (other than the enebriated crowd). It will take some getting used to for sure!
Old 08-10-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

BEST part of last night.......MORNINGS............)))))))))))
Old 08-10-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That shows strength greeneggsandham. Once, a long time ago, someone took a video of me at a party, and it wasn't pretty by any means. Back then, I didn't realise how pathetic I was. Being sober sure changes ones perspective. Proud of you for being strong. I'm not ready for the club scene just yet. Newly sober here. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sometimes what we may see as "boring" is actually how normal people live their lives, go to watch a gig and then home to bed without any drama, wake up on a Sunday and enjoy that day also without a hangover!!

I know for me I wanted to be able to drink without the consequences, but unfortunately it's one or the other, we just have to decide which is more important!!

Keep pushing through!!
Old 08-10-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenEggsAndHam View Post
The only thing is...there is no crazy story to tell this morning. Normally I would get drunk, meet people, do something nutty, end up somewhere interesting, cause drama, etc. But I'd also end up feeling crummy, injured from who-knows-what, embarrassed and ashamed.
I know what you're saying here. Gosh I provided many the ridiculous, shameful or sometimes downright hilarious (at the expense of my self esteem, dignity and liver) stories for folks in my world at large.

There are other ways to be significant in your world : )
Old 08-10-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I like live music a lot.

I used to pass out at high dollar concerts, car races, football games, etc.