Notices

A little rant about AV

Old 08-09-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little rant about AV

Once I admitted to myself that I was an alcoholic, dealing with the AV became simple. After all I have spent years listening to AV telling me that I didn't have a problem. AV convinced me that the reason I could drink a case of beer a night was because I was a bigger guy. AV told me I deserved to drink I worked hard today. AV told me I needed to drink cause I was stressed. AV told me it was time to drink to celebrate when something good happened. AV told me to drink to drown my sorrows when something sad happened. To hell with AV. Listened to that BS for too many years.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amen, brother!

Great post. Is it okay if I add a few? Your post has the wheels in my head turning! I listened to my AV voice for far too long also! My AV wanted to drink 365 days a year and convinced me that I couldn't live without drinking. My AV made me panicked when any evening plans got in the way of open drinking time at home between 5 pm and midnight. My AV would play nice in the morning and tell me that I would not drink that evening but then change it's mind on the way home from work. My AV voice told me that I could always stop tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

listened to that bugger all afternoon and evening yesterday; whining and complaining that I wasn't getting drunk with everyone else.

Stubborn little bastard, that AV.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The AV was turned on in my life in college. Do well in school get ripped, do poorly get ripped. Team wins get ripped, team loses get ripped. I have done the BAC thousands of times and was convinced my size is what allowed me to drink so darn much beer. Figured the market was right with making 30 packs of beer. Did not ever think it was because some people bought a weeks worth at one time, not one solid day of drinking. I remember the progression, a 6 pack then a in a year or two it was a 12, then the 18, then 2 18's then the 30. Often 2 or 3 three 30's if it was going to be a weekend, don't want to run out. Good for you shutting down the AV. It is often loud and persistent!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice post!!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The wonderful thing about the Beast and its AV is it can only whine........IT CANNOT DO! It is completely impotent and has no power.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Speaking personally, before I even knew what my AV was, it
convinced my brain to drink on every single occasion.
Happy, sad, glad, mad, holiday, vacation, wedding, funeral,
work, play, blahblahblahblah.