Notices

The Sober Revolution: Women Calling Time...

Old 08-09-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Sober Revolution: Women Calling Time...

On Wine O'Clock.

Anyone read this book? I read a review on it this morning and loved what I read. And like a good little addict wanting instant gratification...I want it NOW. I called the "the Coles Chapters Indigo" people in Canada. It is OUT OF STOCK and not even able to reorder.

I live close to the border so I called Barnes & Noble in Bellingham and got same answer. The book people I spoke with were all befuddled (since they hadn't even heard of book before looking it up for me). The book is not even a year old and is out of stock. Both of course recommended downloading Ebook or looking for second hand copies or whatnot via Amazon.

I am just shocked that this book is out of stock. I want it. I guess I will order via Amazon..as I like books I can touch, feel, smell..or ebooks.

Just curious about anyone who has read it..and what they think of it.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

found 3 on kindle via amazon
Old 08-09-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's very common for books to stop being published if they aren't selling well. The publisher doesn't want to go out on a limb and print more books. After all, it's the publisher who takes the risk, not the book stores. "Drink: The Intimate Relationship between Women and Alcohol" by Ann D. Johnson was published just after that and is selling very well. It could easily have over-shadowed the other book.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
found 3 on kindle via amazon
Thanks Sugar and Anna. There was a typo in my post Sugar...wanted a tangible book..should have said "over ebook"..not "or ebook". I'm a hard copy book lover. I too found kindle versions.

And yes, really interested in hearing from anyone who has read the book.