Notices

Still anticipating hangovers lol

Old 08-09-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still anticipating hangovers lol

Day 36 for me, and I had to count on the calendar to know that number. I think that me losing track of the # is a good sign that I'm doing well. That sounds weird, I know. I think at this point I am just going to do 15 and 30 day milestones and tell everyone that's what I'm doing so they stop asking me what day I'm on.

And -- rant coming -- I find people asking me the day to be irritating, like an accusation. If I don't go to work one day, one of my family asks oh, what day are you on? I can be sick for other reasons than being hungover! I know they have good intentions, but I guess I should tell them it doesn't come across like that at all.

I still wake up occasionally and do a quick check, looking for my hangover, before I recall oh, you have to drink to have a hangover lol. It is actually a surprise every Saturday right now, waking up and assessing if I feel nauseated or dizzy, and finding out I'm not. I guess that instinct to check that before fully waking up will pass with time, at least it is a pleasant surprise for me that all I am craving is coffee!

Thanks for listening to me rant. Have a great and sober Saturday!!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hangover free weekends are fantastic!!

Great job on Day 36!!
Old 08-09-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I did the exact same thing this morning. And when I realized I wasn't hungover, I was so giddy with excitement I could hardly stand it. Sure made fighting through those cravings last night worth it !

Carpe Diem !!
Old 08-09-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Change4Better View Post
Day 36 for me, and I had to count on the calendar to know that number. I think that me losing track of the # is a good sign that I'm doing well. That sounds weird, I know. I think at this point I am just going to do 15 and 30 day milestones and tell everyone that's what I'm doing so they stop asking me what day I'm on.

And -- rant coming -- I find people asking me the day to be irritating, like an accusation. If I don't go to work one day, one of my family asks oh, what day are you on? I can be sick for other reasons than being hungover! I know they have good intentions, but I guess I should tell them it doesn't come across like that at all.

I still wake up occasionally and do a quick check, looking for my hangover, before I recall oh, you have to drink to have a hangover lol. It is actually a surprise every Saturday right now, waking up and assessing if I feel nauseated or dizzy, and finding out I'm not. I guess that instinct to check that before fully waking up will pass with time, at least it is a pleasant surprise for me that all I am craving is coffee!

Thanks for listening to me rant. Have a great and sober Saturday!!
This is such an encouragement and I did the very same this morning! Opened my eyes and expected that feeling and instead felt ace!