Notices

Hourly roll call...

Old 08-09-2014, 12:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hourly roll call...

I love the 24 hour threads on this site as they provide us with the opportunity to pat ourselves on the back for each day that we remain sober or clean.

I haven't had a drink in 40 hours and am feeling a little antsy - so I thought I'd ask others in early days to call in to this thread whenever they need a little support.

Climbing the walls here, but just posting this is helping.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Still around for a long as you want wellvoice - there's always people around

D
Old 08-09-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. That's much appreciated.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great idea Wellvoice
Old 08-09-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there wellvoice. the first days are really tough but you can get through them. I am not once of much experience, on day 11, the longest I've been in over 10 years, but the only advice I can add is that coming on here and reading and posting has helped me get through some really tough moments. We are all here for you and rooting for your success.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement. Meraviglioso, I relate to the struggle and have been seriously trying (on and off) stay sober for over four years now. A few years ago, I stayed away from drinking for almost 2 months. Afterwards, I had 6 weeks here and a month there. In the last year, I haven't even managed to crack one week. Usually I buckle after the first 24 hours and I'm desperate to break this pattern. I am inspired by you having 11 days now. (That is no mean feat!) I appreciate the support and am getting a lot of help from reading the posts on here as well.

I have had some dinner and am going to sit up for a while until I digest my food - and then it will be an early night for me.

You hang in there too. Best of luck!
Old 08-09-2014, 02:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks! Do you have a bathtub that you could soak in for a while before bed? I found that kind of zoning out there for a bit helped me to calm down.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm in the same boat of the first couple of day being sober.Going on day 3 for me, and having insomnia, & nightmares when I do manage to get some sleep. Overall, just feeling terrible. So I'm up now at an ungodly hour, and logged on to read this. Great thread. Nice to know I'm not having to go through this alone. Support is always great. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, the not sleeping is starting to get old for me too. This would be a lot easier if I could actually sleep :-(
Old 08-09-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You're not alone, dingodog. Thankfully there are so many of us across so many time zones - so there will always be somebody around. In my experience, the agitation peaks around day three, but after that you will probably turn a corner. Hang in there. It's worth it!

Meraviglioso, I wish I had a bath but we don't have one of those and our hot water isn't currently working, which means that I take showers next door during the day. This was a very good suggestion though. I think I will make myself a cup of cammomile tea soon and sit down in front of a Saturday night TV movie.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Working on day 6 today....sleep is a little better...it's getting there
Old 08-09-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ah yes... Sleep is rough in these early days, but it will get better. It's 8.43pm and I'm thinking of going to bed now. I'm going to play some Eckhart Tolle talks on mindfulness while I lay in bed. It has helped in the past.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

All present and correct. Woke up at silly o'clock I think it's an age thing with me. x
Old 08-09-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Still awake but about to put a sober head on my pillow tonight. When I wake up, I will begin Day 138. Whatever happens, I trust in my Higher Power to grant me another daily reprieve. Hope everyone else keeps a sober body and mind and a soul full of serenity.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm up again. I tried to listen to Tolle in bed but tossed and turned with my thoughts going around and around. You're all reminding me that this can be expected in early days! I'm grateful that I've made it to 44 hours, which is better than I've done in a long time. Thanks for your well wishes and congratulations on your 138 days, Grits.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hang in there wellvoice!! You can do this!!
Old 08-09-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I promise you it all gets better with time!! We didn't do this to our bodies overnight. Keep up the great work! I think you are all amazing and your strength is incredible!!
Old 08-09-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you. Yes, I can do this and we are all amazing. I made it through the night and even got some patchy sleep - so here I am with 54 hours of sober time under my belt. This time I managed to cut down before quitting, so I have had no physical withdrawal issues to cope with - other than moderate insomnia and the odd body jerk while resting.

I will need to put EVERYTHING into staying sober today as day 3 is always a danger day for me - so right now I'm sitting here with my coffee in bed reading recovery posts and thinking about my daily plan.

To anybody who is struggling, keep it up!
Old 08-09-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

56 hours. " I think I can...I think I can...I think I can," said the Little Engine Who Could.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Keep it going!