Depressed, angry with a bit of Cautious optimism

Old 08-08-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
suffering is not a requirement

Question Depressed, angry with a bit of Cautious optimism

Hello Good people,
Thank you for all your prayers for my son..Not saying he doesn't still need them, of course. Anyhow i am angry at him today..just found out he stole some money from me. F&F OF SA'S know what i mean when i say A big part of me wants to really go punch his lights out but the other part of me understands and knows why he did it and still has compassion for him. I am literally tired right now, did not sleep well last night..so not sure if i am even gonna make sense. I just have to get this stuff out. I am a little depressed, part of that i know is from worrying abt my son amongst other things.
On a good note his gf spoke with me today..and he has made calls to rehabs however because he has been to so many before he is naturally a 'high risk' category and therefore has to wait longer on the waiting list..I Cringed hearing that..been down this road before..i know if he actually called then he actually was in the frame of mind to get help then. Strike when the irons hot, I wanted to scream.
However, I truly am grateful he is still breathing, he is on a rehab waiting list, He is with a good friend who went thru his withdrawl with him(God bless him) And his friend lives where there is no easy access to drugs, So I Know he didn't use today.
So I remain cautiously optimisic...It is the place where I don't get my hopes too high only to have them smashed again by addiction...There is still hope for him
Thanks for letting me share..HUGS, Iamunique
Old 08-08-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm sorry he stole from you 'Nique, I think that hurt me most of all too when my own son would steal, not just money but family heirlooms that meant a lot to me and could never be replaced.

In the end, it is what it is. You could charge him with theft, but I suspect that's not in your plan. If I could do it over I would have charged my son, knowing what I know now, but I never did either.

Sending big hugs and lots of prayers that he actually makes it to rehab. It may not be the final solution but it's a darn good start.

Hugs from my heart to yours.