Notices

New to this Site

Old 08-08-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool New to this Site

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site. My original sobriety date was 5/30/2014 I was in rehab for 45 days, since I've been home I have relapsed twice. I don't want to drink and I know I can not do it for alot of reasons. I have no problem admitting that I am an Alcoholic and I want to go to meetings and was all for it my first 2 week home. I havent found a sponsor yet and I started to get more depressed. I also have severe depression and have ADD which I have been dealing with for years. I cant function at all with out my meds for my ADD, I'm not working, I struggle each day to even leave the house. My Dr. has ordered a series of neuropsychology testing for me. She is taking me off my Effexor and putting me on Zoloft. I have been on effexor for over 8 years. The next 8 weeks are going to be hell. I have read so much about the withdrawls I dont know what to expect or where I will end up.

Anyway. Just looking for some more support.

Thanks
Old 08-08-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Nis!!

I would definitely stay away from Dr Google when it comes to withdrawals, take it day by day and see what happens, and if things get rough check in with a Dr to be safe, but don't let the fear of the unknown be a hurdle to changing your life.

You'll find loads of support here on SR to help you push through, it all gets easier with time, great job on giving it another go, you can do this!!
Old 08-08-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. You've come to a good place for support and useful info. I'm glad you joined us.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!