Notices

Hello All

Old 08-08-2014, 12:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello All

I've just found this forum and have been "lurking" for several days. I'm just over 2 weeks into this sobriety. Of course, like most alcoholics, I've quit many times, only in order to start drinking again. Longest time for me was 7 months.

I've always tried to do it on my own, without any outside assistance. This time, however, I have doctors and psychologists involved. I've also just received a Naltrexone implant, 2 days ago. So far, it does seem to help.

I've never been to a detox or anything like that. I've always been able to quit "cold turkey." Only side effects I've ever had is night sweats.

I'm bound and determined to make it this time. I'm not getting any younger and the medical problems keep stacking up.

Thank you for taking time to read my little rant.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CassieK View Post

Thank you for taking time to read my little rant.

Hi Cassie, I certainly wouldn't call what you wrote a "rant" but rather a very nice introduction! Welcome here and congratulations on 2 weeks, that is amazing. I am only at 10 days and could not have done it without the support I have found here.
It sounds like you have a good, solid plan of attack in place this time with the assistance of doctors and psychologists. That is great news and will surely help you find lasting success.
Best of luck to you and congratulations again!
Old 08-08-2014, 01:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Cassie, welcome! I've found that being here has helped me a lot. I think some people can do it alone, but I have the need to feel connected and knowing there are others here who "get it" is comforting to me. I think getting the outside assistance and posting with us can make a difference. I've never been 7 months sober since college, so that's amazing to me. Glad you've joined us!
Old 08-08-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
Glad to have you here and posting. You'll find lots of support here.
And, yep, I was one of those who tried to quit any times. I failed a hundred times.
Sounds like you're doing the right thing this time, and remember it can be your last time.
Good for you.
Keep reading and posting and best to you.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Cassie,

You will find lots of support here.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Froum Cassie!! Great to have you onboard!!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your welcomes!!! Thus far, I am doing very well. No cravings and very little thoughts of alcohol. I'm hoping my implant, along with they strong desire to quit, is helping me.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome Cassiek. I'm new here, and on day 2. I've been reading, reading, and posting a bit. I like this site. I think you're in the right place. I too have tried to quit before only to go back. I'm thinking all the support I can get will help me much.