Notices

inspiration please

Old 08-07-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

inspiration please

Im on my 28th day of sobriety. I have to bottles of chardonnay. My stomache is in knots. My body is shaking, anxiety all time high. The drink is all i can think about. I literally waiting for my parents to ead to bed so i can start. I have guilt right about how I may or may not be able to day 29. This urge is so strong right now. All i need is a small stupid reason to make me drink. Hell if i see a shooting start tonight im drinking....yep...thats how i do it.....leave it up to the gods. blah blah blah ******* blah
Old 08-07-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Try to take it in small increments. Put off drinking for an hour. If that's too much, take it in ten minute intervals. When the ten minutes are up, delay for another ten. Keep doing it. Just keep putting it off. Distract yourself with something. TV, exercise, a book, ice cream, anything.

Try to think the drink all the way through. Remember how awful you'll feel in the morning. How your anxiety will be even worse.

28 days is awesome!!! Be proud of all you have accomplished. You are very strong. You can do this!!!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you so much elodie. Im gonna do my best
Old 08-07-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ren

I always suggest folks go back and read their first posts here.
Thats what you're fighting here for, and thats what you risk by opening the door to going back.

It's not just 2 bottles of chardonnay.

You're at a crossroads - you can either continue to move forward, or you can circle back.

If you're lucky you'll get back to this crossroads some day and have to face the same decision - but many do not make it back.

Noone ever woke up and said man I'm glad I drank last night - many have been eternally grateful they didn't.

Dump the bottles, pour them out into the sink...give to your folks...whatever.

But get them away from you.
Make a smart choice for your future

D
Old 08-07-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not sure if you're into online games, but I find the arcade here on SR is a fantastic distraction
Old 08-07-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much guys!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Did you get rid of them?

D
Old 08-08-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This might sound counter intuitive, but it might be worth a try next time you have cravings or strong urges - instead of fighting the cravings, let yourself feel it. Maybe examine it. What does it actually feel like physically? Let it sort of wash over you. For me, it sometimes helps to see the craving feeling as a storm or a wave. It will pass, and you don't have to DO something about it (like fighting it or giving in) to make it go away. It will go away on its own. You just have to be patient.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Come on, stay strong. Don't throw away those 28 days. You are going to feel so much better tomorrow. This will pass. Hold onto your sobriety with everything you've got. You might find any single reason to drink, but think of the thousands of reasons there are NOT to drink.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
instant

The time has probably past. You did or you didn't. In our time we are all tested. Not just once.

They come, they go. Our resolve is battered, our sobriety either grows through it or our addiction is syrenghthened if we "cave".

Urges are not a physical risk, they pass with time.

Three years on they are a thing of the past. This is possible for you. Doing nothing can be an art form.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Yes, the taking it an hour at a time is good advice. Hang on in there, it gets easier xx
Old 08-08-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I hope all went well Ren!! Hang in there!!