prayers for my son please

Old 08-05-2014, 09:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
suffering is not a requirement

prayers for my son please

Hello good ppl. It has been quite a while since i have been here, although you all are still in my thoughts and prayers every day. I know where to come when things get to much for me and I need help coping with my pain. My A son is still shooting Heroin..he is at the point now where his health is seriously declining. I Know That if he does not get help soon...he is going to die. Unfortunately he has to want the help. My heart is breaking for him. I love my son. Coming here has taught me so much..I Learned that although it hurts me..he isn't to blame..his addiction is. I Use to be angry at him..then i learned he wasn't doing it to hurt me or anyone. His Addiction owns him. The person i know has a very loving heart of gold. I am truly afraid for him. I Know I Have put my heart and soul into trying to help him and not trying to help him. I Am truly powerless. The only thing I Feel I can do now at this moment..is pray and be grateful for all the prayers that I Know will be said for him. Thank-you So much for letting me share Iamunique
Old 08-05-2014, 09:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi iamunique, I'm so sorry for your pain. I can't imagine how hard it would be for you. (((hugs))).
Old 08-05-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im sorry to hear things are getting worse for your son. I will be sending prayers up for him, as well as your whole family.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

'Nique, it is good to see you, you and I go back a long way here at SR.

Your son has been in my prayers every day for many years now, I never forget "'Nique's Boy" and God knows who he is, and when I pray for him I pray the same as I pray for my own son, asking God to keep our boys in His care and to do for them what we mama's cannot.

I am so sorry your boy still suffers, mine does too. Not all find recovery or hang on to it but I always remember that God loves ALL His children, even his sick and addicted ones.

Please know that we are all here to walk with you. The faces may change over the years but our hearts are the same, filled with love and courage and encouragement and prayers.

Love you lots and I send out hugs with every prayer.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Iamunique. I hope for the best for you and your son.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

my prayers for you and your son
Old 08-06-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Nique...I am so sorry things haven't improved.
It's so nice to hear from you
Old 08-06-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You and your son are in my prayers.

XXX
Old 08-06-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and many prayers. You sound like you have really worked a program....the sadness can come in waves. I understand.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

More prayers on the way......
Old 08-06-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
suffering is not a requirement

[SIZE="4"]Thank you so much for your prayers and your understanding. A good friend of my sons' sat with him through the night last night, trying to convince him to go to rehab. I Tried To get the update from his gf, but so far got no answer. I recently found needles and called the police , hoping maybe to raise his bottom..(AGAIN) he got charged with possession of paraphenalia. I Also told him i loved him however, he can not come around my home anymore, until he gets himself help. At times It feels like same sh!t different year. The difference is I Have recovery now and ppl who understand, that I Can talk to..when I'm not feeling so strong. Thanks for letting me dump HUGE HUGS TO ALL
Old 08-06-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

At times It feels like same sh!t different year. The difference is I Have recovery now and ppl who understand, that I Can talk to..when I'm not feeling so strong.
'Nique, do you realize how very far you have come? Thing may not have changed much for your son, but you, girl, have come miles and miles and your recovery just shines!!! *runs to fetch sunglasses*.

You are doing the "do" things and it shows, you look fabulous in sunshine and your bunny slippers hardly show the wear.

It's been a long road but the journey is no longer unbearable for you and I, and today there are many blessings along the way. You posting today was a blessing to me, I needed to remember how to *snork* and smile more and frown less...wrinkles are not my friend.

Hugs and Love
Old 08-06-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Unique my old friend, I really hope your son is soon ready to take a better path. My son had to do some more research and is once again in the pokey doing some time. It takes what it takes, but you and I have learned a thing or three over the years. Sending much love and prayers to you and your family.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Prayers are what I do. Prayers to you.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Praying for you and your son. I know how painful and frightening this is. I hope he will find healing.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Your post touches many hearts. Add my prayers for your son and for you, to the many going up tonight.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Dear Unique, from the date on your membership, it seems you have been dealing with this horrible addiction for quite some time. As another Mama, I understand the extreme difficulty we go through when our children choose their drugs. I am sending prayers for you and your dear son. I pray you find peace and strength knowing our God watches for our wayward young.
Hugs,
Teresa
Old 08-07-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I will keep you and your son in my prayers - in the same boat as my daughter is a heroin addict - prayers and memories are all we have - the person she has become us foreign to me - I try and remember my little girl not the adult addict that lies steals and cheats her way through life. sR saved my life - thank you to all of you for words of encouragement and support. Whether she lives or dies - clean or using - I will never forget the outpouring of support and love and encouragement
Old 08-07-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Unique, I will keep your son in my prayers as I do for my own son who is a 23 yo heroin addict. It is so hard to be parent of an addict only others in the same situation can truly understand. It us so sad and hard to know know what's going to happen...will they turn it around or make the ultimate sacrifice to give up their lives. That is a question we cannot answer. Hugs to you and prayers for all of us.