Notices

I hate being sober

Old 08-05-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down I hate being sober

Yes in my cheif keif voice I hate this sh**. 3 days no mary is killing me. I know its a chemical and i understand what is happening and trhis is not my first time quitting at all BUT THIS IS NOT FUN. And really I have no true motivation. There are jobs that don't even test. But the pay is often low and I dont want to be a government dependent. Save that for the old heads and the sick. BUT, I'm functional as hell(2 months from my masters, deans list on my undergrad, never been on unemployment, sometimes working up to 3 jobs and taking courses, etc.) when I cheif and see no true reason within MYSELF for this. its truly to appease others (employers because I give a no effs about anyone else).
SO the insomnia i can do with out. This chick has to work in the morning. I wish it would have DECREASED my sex drive but its doing the opposite, No bueno for the single... And i could smack thee hell out of anyone during the day. ANYONE can get it... If i would have just pursued my passion I probably wouldn't have to quit but I probably would have never started... Well thats a lie I was too depressed after a certain breakup and smoking beat being placed on the anti-depression meds...Really I don't have a question but I guess I can listen to advise on how to make this easier. I tried that one website and my score just didnt measure. To tell you the truth my NONSMOKING friends hate being around me when I'm being a quitter because like I said ANYONE can get it Orf I'm depressed and no one likes a Debbie Downer...
Old 08-05-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi sj87 - welcome

I presume you mean pot - I'm not really down with slang. I smoked for 50 years - getting off it was rough - I was like a bear with a sore head, insomnia, tired, bored - but things got better in a week or two.

I don't know of any way to make it better but to take it easy on yourself - eat well, get rest, don't try to do too much right now.

Support helps too, even if it's just a place to vent

These links may be helpful too:

https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/...from-marijuana
MARIJUANA – A Guide to Quitting

D
Old 08-05-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i know the feeling...what else can i say ?
Old 08-05-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

u can do it....trust me if my dad could you will lol just ride it out and thank yourself its not heroin ur coming off
Old 08-05-2014, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

I quit too. Was really hard, especially the first couple weeks I found it easier to handle when I just accepted that I was going to feel like s*** for a while. I smoked daily for 22 years and I think I had a pretty bad case of withdrawl. I told myself it was like having a cold or the flu, just something I was going to have to sit out until it got better. Finally it did get better. I really started loving being straight, it was way more relaxing and interesting. Honestly, I never thought I could do it but I did and it was SO worth it. Sounds like you just want to quit in order to get a job but if you manage it, you might just like it. Could also be that quitting just for a job means you don't want to quit for yourself and in that situation I never could stay quit.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You should quit because you want to do it for yourself not for any other reasons because then it won't work. It has to be truly something YOU want Good luck.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dang quitting was hard but each day in the beginning got a little better. Lots of ups and downs, but you just gotta stick with it. Actually less stress now and better emotional balance. You can do it too!
-Ted
Old 08-06-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes im talking about pot. And its not a gateway because i have never wanted anything else. Thanks for the support you all. I mean I know how to deal with the insomnia, I just take melatonin you can buy at any dollar store once I've been up past midnight I take it. Hopefully I won't have to keep doing so.. The day before I slept with no issue. But the depression is real. But I'm not tryna be stuck on nobod's pharmaceutical trap. . That's how I feel about anti depression and anti anxiety. I'm cool on the diarrhea and other side effects of those... This just sucks. Yes I should quit because I want to but in my heart I don't want to. .. just some **** I gotta do.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Good for you for doing this, especially since you don't really want to. Hang in there.
I had lots of weird withdrawal symptoms I didn't necessarily expect. I didn't have insomnia too bad but anxiety, night sweats, skin crawling, irritability, rage, bursting into tears, lack of appetite, difficulty thinking, lethargy, list goes on. It seemed like I had lost my sense of humour and I'd never be happy again. Other times when I'd tried to quit I had substituted alcohol or pain killers in order to numb the withdrawal (only made things worse) but this time I faced it head on and dealt with it. Feeling really bad for a short while was a small price to pay for how great I feel now.