Notices

Brand new here and don't know where to go.

Old 07-18-2004, 03:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brand new here and don't know where to go.

I have never been to a site like this one, so I am uncertain where to go for support. Here is the jist of my story: someone please help. My wife of 5 years has a sex addiction. She has cheated on me several times in the time that we've known each other. The last time that happened was three weeks ago and it nearly sent me over the deep end. There was contemplation of suicide for a brief moment until the realization of my three kids growing up without their father brought me back to reality. I have been drinking a lot these past few weeks in a feeble attempt to drown my sorrows. I am curious to know if there is a sex-anon group that could offer some sort of support through this very difficult time?
Old 07-18-2004, 03:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome to our forums.

I am sorry that you are going through such troublesome times right now, and am glad that you are reaching out for help for yourself.

We do not have a Sex-Anon Forum on this site, however here is a link that may help you.

http://www.sanon.org/

Also, if drinking has become a problem for you, regardless of the issues that make you feel that drinking is a solution, you might want to visit our AA Forum or our Alcoholism forum and decide of this can be of any help for your substance abuse.

It is very early in the day, but others will be here in a while that may be able to help you more than I can.

Good luck, and please look after yourself and your children right now.

Hugs
Ann
Old 07-18-2004, 05:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Welcome!! Has your wife admitted that she has a problem? Is she working some kind of program? I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I'm glad your kids kept you from checking out, although I hope you realize that killing yourself is NOT a solution to your wife's problem. Hang in there. And what Ann said about the alcohol is right. Try not drinking. Using it as a solution is a sign of problems. (Sorry if my message isn't very coherent. I'm not really awake yet.)
Old 07-18-2004, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Still hangin` on...

Welcome Nucldragr!!!!!!!!!

Very sorry to hear about what you are going through. I have no experience on the sex addiction but much with alcohol. Using alcohol or any mood-altering substance to numb the pain will only create new problems. I think you know that. You definatly need to seek professional counciling. Your wife also if she hasnt already. I highly suggest AA meetings. They are very helpful and you will receive alot of support there. Also--keep posting on this site. Great people here and lots of support. You will see!!!!!
Old 07-18-2004, 12:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcome,

Please take a look at the link Ann provided. You will find a great deal of support!
Old 07-18-2004, 01:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Help Kimmie OB1 Kanobi : )

Hi and welcome!

My boyfriend is a cocaine/addict and a sex addict. Let me just start by saying I COMPLETELY understand the pain and emotions involved in being with a sex addict, not to mention the shock and confusion. My boyfriend has been with prostitutes too many times to count and has engaged in many other sexual betrayals. On a daily basis I go through extreme emotions from.."I'm not good enough", hatred and sadness sometimes at the same time. One minute I feel love towards him and the next minute I am consumed with hate and betrayal..There is not one day that goes by that I don't think about what he has done and it sickens me..When I first found out about his sex addiction I would and could do nothing other than think about it even when the thinking about it made me physically ill..I was haunted and still am by the thoughts of what he did with these women and it KILLED ME..Every day a piece of my soul was chipped away by the pain..Feel free to post and I am with you!!

Godspeed,
Kimmie
Old 08-20-2004, 01:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

bumping this thread so the author may find it upon return.

Keep working the steps and know your not alone.