Notices

You can like yourself again

Old 08-04-2014, 11:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You can like yourself again

Go to your doctor im 15 days sober, 16 days before that I was a raving alky, with no life, nothing going on apart from drink, drink, & more drink. I had some counselling saw my doctor its took me 4 months to get here but its worth it. I got a home detox & could finally think straight without being in an alcoholic haze.

Im thinking hey maybe life doesn't seem so bad, maybe Im not so bad as I thought, I hated myself when I was drinking like most alkies do. Join a support group, get help whichever way you can, don't be frightened or ashamed to go to your doctor they are there to help, better for you to be alive then dead. Ask them for some Vitamin B complex & thiamine the vitamins we lose from our body when drinking, thiamine is for the brain as alcohol kills off brain cells & our memory can go, as I well know Im very forgetful & it takes me along time to remember the most silliest things but we need these for our body to at least give it some protection.

There is a lot of help out there but you have to go & find it, picking up the phone to Aquarius was the best thing I ever did, I tried AA last week, not sure if its for me but apparently if you find the right meeting then it can be life changing. I go to arch on Mondays another group the most people that's ever been there at one time is three people including me, if your scared of big groups, they give free acupuncture, helps with the cravings. Today I will go to Aquarius & see my alcohol support worker a great woman who put me in for a detox after a lot of soul searching & being honest with her & myself, which you have to be true to yourself. When I started I wanted to stop drinking for my husband because of all the trouble I had caused, my nieces, my nephews etc, but I came to realise you have to do it for yourself.

Even when your drinking as said before at least try & look after your body drink plenty of water, eat well even if your not hungry as alcohol supresses the appetite, try & do things when you can function, take milk thistle. learn about what your doing to your body.

My liver was in poor shape when my bloods come back the gamma levels were way to high for a woman, but this can be changed, I was shaking, sweating, bloated, pins & needles, sore liver, yellow eyes, sick throwing up blood, anxious, being a recluse, you name it I had it. Now 15 days in I feel like some of my life is coming back, Ive been filling my days with lots of stuff, joined the library, went the pictures trying to do stuff to fill the daytime as I was a daytime drinker, drinking til I was passed out. I take my meds 3 times a day, drink plenty of water & try the best to look after myself.

Its along journey, sometimes very scary sometimes enlightening, especially when you realise your a decent person,& you deserve to live, but unless you get help & are willing to fight the demon its not going to happen. Im in early days, I worry I will drink again & of course I think of it everyday but I let it pass & think of the wreckage it has caused my life, the arguments, the fights on my husband. I drank alone never needed anyone to drink with, maybe because I didn't want them to see how much I was drinking, I thought I was happy, but really I was just a sad, lonely girl, Im 36 & trying to get my life back or should I say my new life as for years all I knew was drinking & waking up every morning wishing I hadn't, then groundhog day started, drink, drink, drink.

Please get help, it only gets worse, good luck Let me know how things go for you.
Corky123 is online now Report Post
Old 08-05-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey Corky, sounds like a good plan and sounds like you're gonna succeed.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do this Corky!!