Stubborn Newbie Challenges All - Film at 11!

Old 04-02-2002, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dannygirl

Smile Stubborn Newbie Challenges All - Film at 11!

Alrighty then!

So I've decided to give Al-anon an honest go. I've already caught myself examining my own behavior. And one of the things I was told was very important was to make time everyday to do something nice for yourself.

Here's the challenge...I CHALLENEGE EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD to post and tell me what they did for themselves today.

I'll start, although I'm sure this won't count

Today I bought a pint of baskin Robbins Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream and crawled into a nice warm bubble bath. No kid, no hubby...they went to the park. And I just soaked, and ate, nd ate, and soaked, and thought......

So what did you do today???

------------------
**Dannygirl**
AOL Screenname: Phxhags3

Old 04-02-2002, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Danny

I think your bath and eating count!! Not sure what I can say I did for myself. I went to the store and bought the "junk" food but didn't eat it yet. My sister called and let me "bitch" for an hour about me. Do these things count? Not sure if they do. I guess I need to do something better for me tomorrow

Take care.
Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 04-03-2002, 04:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Danny!
This is a fun post.
The thing I did nice for myself yesterday was to refrain from smoking one more day. That was 11!

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 04-03-2002, 04:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ScaredInIdaho

What a great idea this is! Thanks for reminding us all that even though we may be in bad relationships we can still take time for ourselves. I think that we may all forget that from time to time. I started a new diet/exercise plan and stuck with it for one more day!

Thanks for thinking of this!

Scared

Old 04-03-2002, 04:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yesterday I mowed my front yard, and cleaned up around the house outside while my daughter played. I picked up beer caps and trash my A had thrown in the yard. It was truly something for me, it looks really nice now......
Old 04-03-2002, 09:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

TODAY... at the grocery they had some easter cakes left... y'know the kind with the plastic bunny, jellybeans and cocoanut. I got one. It's not just exactly like Grandma used to make... but it's still yummy. If Grandma was still around, she would have approved heartily. She was into modern conveniences.

Smoke
Old 04-03-2002, 11:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
angelchild99

Last night, I let dishes just soak and sat for an hour, listening to my favorite CD's and relaxing.

angelchild99

Old 04-03-2002, 11:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today I took a 1/2 day vacation from work, went to the Y and exercized and went to my new pottery class! It was great fun!
Old 04-03-2002, 02:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi all

Today for me I did a couple things. I bought a journal to write my thoughts in and went to the library after work to get some reading material. And I also had a little visit with my parents, that always makes them happy so therefore it makes me happy.

Wondering what I can do for me tomorrow....this is fun

Take care all.
Many hugs,
Love
Debbie
Old 04-03-2002, 03:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Today I went to the dentist..YEEEEECCCCHHHHHH...but then I did come home and walked on my treadmill and I had a chocolate malt for dinner because mouth hurt.......

Paula

[This message has been edited by Just Tired (edited April 03, 2002).]
Old 04-03-2002, 05:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Today...
I simply sat around the house doing exactly what I wanted without answering the phone. What a difference a day makes!

Lolly
Old 04-03-2002, 05:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Today I had lunch with an old friend of mine. Have you ever had the pleasure of having a friend who is just beautiful, both inside and out? That's my friend Rachel. She is such a blessing in my life.

Peace & Prayers
EyesWideOpen
Old 04-03-2002, 07:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Today I went out with a new man!!!!! Yeah!!!!!
Old 04-04-2002, 01:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Earthmother

Today I stopped on my way to work and walked around a lake - I'm trying to lose weight and was grumbling to myself when I started my walk - to my surprise, all of the baby duckies had just hatched and I was greeted by at least 30 little chirping birdies! I had a smile on my face the rest of the day!

Old 04-04-2002, 03:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Dannygirl

WOW!

I'm very happy to see everyone continue to post on this! This is cool and all of these are great!

Today I went and got a massage for 30 minutes. I just laid there and let the massuese (sp?) just rub all the tension and stress right out of my back and shoulders. IT WAS GREAT!!!

Keep posting everybody!

------------------
**Dannygirl**

Old 04-04-2002, 05:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Today for me I went to my first face to face meeting, horray for me because I almost didn't go in. And horray for me, I even shared a little.

Thinking I may give this a try. The hardest part was walking in that door and I made it!!

Thanks for making this post Danny. Its fun, and this is sort of how they ended the meeting. Do something nice for yourself. I am jealous of your massage though.

Many hugs everyone.
Love,
Debbie
Old 04-05-2002, 03:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
GirlfromNC

Yesterday, I went to the tanning salon...again! No kids and no hubby! Just quiet time! Man you'd be surprised how quiet my drive was. Then, last night I took a long bath alone!

Today I plan to plant some flowers in the yard while the children swim. I have an appointment to tan this afternoon.

Its great to do things just for me. Its so rare that I get to do this. I'm just making more time for myself now!

Holly

Old 04-05-2002, 06:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Dannygirl

Tonight I.....

Rambled on to my hubby about MY week at work, and he did very good to just sit and listen. I also bought fast food for dinner so I didn't have to cook. (Hubby tried to cook for me last night and accidentally burned the burner cover - ooopps. At least he wasn't drinking when it happened. He's done really good - he's on day 3 (again)).

After son went to bed and hubby went to sit outside and read, I watched a great new movie that I didn't want to spend 30 bucks (for the family) to go see at the theater..."The Fast and the Furious." what an awesome movie!

The last thing I did tonight JUST FOR ME was come into my office and get on the internet to check in on all my friends here on the board...

Nite Nite Everybody!

------------------
**Dannygirl**

Old 04-05-2002, 07:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
macutter

Originally posted by barbiedeb:
Hey Danny

I think your bath and eating count!! Not sure what I can say I did for myself. I went to the store and bought the "junk" food but didn't eat it yet. My sister called and let me "bitch" for an hour about me. Do these things count? Not sure if they do. I guess I need to do something better for me tomorrow

Take care.
Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
I called my almost Al-anon sponsor for a reality check when obsessing about my multiple addicted S.O. who lives 500 miles away and wasn't home when I called tonight. I've been trying to break off but keep hanging on in spite getting many messages to let go. If she leaves me first I go into victim mode immediately, i.e. poor Me. I have only a month in Al-Anon but expect better out of me.

Old 04-13-2002, 06:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

macutter, I hope you found someone to talk to that night. I haven't used the phone list yet but find talking here helps me a lot. Wishing you the very best!!

I miss seeing what everyone has done good for themselves. I have been doing many things so I thought I would bump this up again.

I went to my meeting on Thursday which was the most important thing I did for myself and bought myself a couple books which I read daily. So I am doing something good for me every day!! Horray for me!! Today I went shopping, boy was I out of control but everything I bought was for me!! I thought of only me today!! It certainly felt great and I feel good today!! Just wanted to share.

Everyone have a great day!! Take care.
Many hugs.
Love
Debbie