Day from H - E - L - L *Venting*

Old 08-04-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day from H - E - L - L *Venting*

Ok. I know in the whole scheme of things these are all small things but here goes.....I am feeling like money is flying out of my purse. With all the cost of buying furniture and moving in to my new place then I picked my daughter up from practice the other day and got my very first speeding ticket. $157 later....

Today, I find out my daughters cheerleading practice starts at 4:30. I work till 4:30. She will get kicked off the squad for being late everyday because they are very strict. Then my youngest daughter is sick today but I had to put her in the car to go to her cheerleading practice to turn in her fundraiser. Pulling out of the driveway, she is crying because her belly hurts and what do I do but misjudge my driveway and scrape my bumper on the curb and crack the paint. I am sure that will be another $350 or so to fix and more than the money, it is going to cost me humiliation...ugh.

Also, I we just put money down on a Pomeranian puppy which is going to cost me $500. While this isn't a necessity, my girls are used to having a pet and this is the one thing that will help them feel more at home at my new place.

Ok...reality check. This will all work out just fine. The car can be fixed and its just money, right? We will work out cheer practice and Madison will feel like a million bucks tomorrow....right????

But I don't have to deal with the negative attitude of my soon to be ex husband so that in it self, is priceless!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Is there another cheer parent who would be able to give your daughter rides? Maybe she could ask her friends on the team.
I feel you on the money thing. My boys just got back from visiting their grandparents, so I've already spent as much on gas this week as I would normally spend in two months, plus groceries, plus oldest son needed a haircut...
Yes, it will work out. Congrats on your puppy. Poms are adorable. And ditto on the dealing with an ex's bad attitude. My kids got headlice last winter and all I could think was how glad I was not to be dealing with his complaining and nonsense on top of everything else. Weird to be grateful for headlice, but there you are.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Money stuff is stressful. I know. But I kept telling myself "it's just money." A scratch on my car, I'd probably just get paint for and patch myself. And I like the idea of finding another cheer mom who's willing to bring your daughter.

It'll all work out. Being grateful that you don't have to handle AXH's mean responses to all of the issues -- that's a very, very good thing!