Notices

first check complete

Old 08-04-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first check complete

In 8 hours or so ill have reached my first little goal that i set for myself,that was to reach 30 days ,next was 41 .that was so i beat last years 40 days .
this time ive kept track better and wrote in my journal about what ive experienced..i plan to keep going . A few things ive noticed this time around so far .

- thinner face ,brighter eyes and those bags under eyes are 3/4 gone
- i can usually sleep for 5-6 hours a nite without tossing and turning constantly,this has been the last week
-scar on my foot that just never healed before and was bright red has started to fade and heal ?..weird
-i had a little grey creeping in on my left side of my head ,but i swear its going and my normal hair color coming back ,anybody heard of this before?
-my toes on my foot are a lot less numb ,i dont get the "pins and needles " at nite
- ive had a ear problem for a few years that developed after a huge bender and know it was alcohol related ,that has also been better ,i hardly notice it after about two weeks sober

I attribute most of my health issues on alcohol ,its some bad **** , if all these are getting so much better just after 30 days ,i cant wait to see how things are 6 months or a year from now ..

the $125 -$150 in my wallet after each weekend doesnt hurt either ..

take care everybody
stay sober
Old 08-04-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go on 30 days Junk

D
Old 08-04-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober months.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you and it's great that you are noticing so much improvement in your life.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow! Keep it up!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EndGame

Just as ongoing anxiety and depression accelerate the process of aging, junk, so does regular drinking. Many of us who are either anxious or depressed appear to by unhappy, world-weary, fatigued or older than our years. Until our bodies are pushed beyond shutting down our internal organs, they continue to fight to get back to equilibrium. I'm not surprised you've been noticing the positive changes.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job!! Keep it going!!
Old 08-05-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done on 30 days. Feels good doesnt it! Here's to your next goal!

Leigh x
Old 08-10-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thank you guys . i just woke up from my 2 hour nap, I had a incredible urge today ,just out of the blue .I was just cruising along at 35 days ,feeling good ,then today i was watching golf like i usually do on a Sunday when a wave just came over me and said, go to the liquor store before the wife gets home ,buy the bottle of vodka ,hide it under the couch cushion, drink most of it ,blackout ..it was so real . I jumped in my van drove to the liquor store parked in the bank parking lot beside the liq store ,sat there for 5 min playing it out in my head. do you want to throw 35 days down the tube? do you want back on this train? tonite might be fun but what about the doom and gloom monday morning ?,that was it ,the doom and gloom anxiety was the answer ..backed up drove home ,turned the air conditioner on and fell asleep .that is my go to move ,whenever i feel tempted, i go have a nap ,iknow 2 hrs is long for a nap.this urge was a lot stronger than previous ones ,could be because ive had that sunday **** fest sports routine ingrained for years ..but i didnt drink, ill be close to 6o days by the time the reg NFL season starts .i should be better prepared for the sundays