Bedwetting

Old 08-04-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bedwetting

Wow just wow. Nothing like waking up in someone else's puddle of urine at 3 am. This is a first.

What do you do? Move to another bed and let him sleep in his mess? I hate to see my mattress ruined. Everything is drenched. YUCK.

Why oh why did I come back to this?!? Hopefully he gets on the plane for his business trip tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh wow.. Trip down memory lane alright... ! I wonder if that's something all alcoholics do or just the full blown ones
Old 08-04-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Late Alcoholic husband never actually wet the bed. he did sweat profusely though.

We have one of those air beds that are advertised everywhere, all the time. One day I realized that the bed felt clammy. I stripped the sheets and unzipped the mattress cover. The foam topper had mildewed, and so had his air chamber. His side of the bed was literally wet, but he'd never noticed.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by killerinstinct View Post
Oh wow.. Trip down memory lane alright... ! I wonder if that's something all alcoholics do or just the full blown ones
I forgot my ex did that once.

Dead Sexy.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I used to let him sleep in it. I wouldn't have been able to wake him up anyway. Then when he did wake up he would just pull up the covers over the wet spot like nothing happened.
I remember once I got up early and he wet the bed after I was up, so I didn't know until I was trying to go to bed that night and I pulled back the covers and everything was soaked. Of course he tried to blame it on the cats or something. And if one of the kids wet the bed he made a federal case out of it.
Ugh. Never again.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Gross. During my first pregnancy I bought a waterproof mattress cover (in case my water broke all over our brand new mattress) and maybe that's something you can buy for your mattress moving forward. My husband used to sweat a lot but thankfully never peed in our bed. I would be livid and make him sleep on the floor...which I used to make my husband do when he smelled rank from alcohol.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
I used to let him sleep in it. I wouldn't have been able to wake him up anyway. Then when he did wake up he would just pull up the covers over the wet spot like nothing happened.
I remember once I got up early and he wet the bed after I was up, so I didn't know until I was trying to go to bed that night and I pulled back the covers and everything was soaked. Of course he tried to blame it on the cats or something. And if one of the kids wet the bed he made a federal case out of it.
Ugh. Never again.
Uggh...this is bringing up too many memories! ....my other ex used to sleep walk and end up urinating somewhere in the house that was NOT the loo.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My ABF did that a bunch of times....he has wet the bed more than our 3 year old has. that doesn't even count the times he went in his pants in the bathroom!

I would always clean it up just because I didn't want our kid to get in it. Otherwise I would have left it for him.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It has not happened...yet. But I was imagining that scenario and do expect it to happen soon as he has completely lost control. What am I going to do if that happens? Well, I do not sleep with him in the same bed when he is drunk. It's been like that for years now. If he does pee himself, he will sleep in it.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
DMC

I have a waterproof mattress pad for the same reason.
It only happened once, but eesh. Once is too many.

Once he was gone, I treated myself to a new mattress.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

your lucky its only bed wetting, sick can also be a turn off along with having a crap in the bed aslo ranking high up on the list as well.
oh the joys of being an alcoholic, thanks for reminding me were i have come from and i dont want to go there again.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by desypete View Post
your lucky its only bed wetting, sick can also be a turn off along with having a crap in the bed aslo ranking high up on the list as well.
oh the joys of being an alcoholic, thanks for reminding me were i have come from and i dont want to go there again.
I got vomited on a couple of times in bed, also sleep punched and kicked, which I now suspect were seizures. He never lost control of his bowels while in bed, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OMG...that would be a wake up call for me. Enough is enough. If someone has to pi$$ the bed b/c they refuse to not drink so much, they could sleep elsewhere.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oooh, thanks for those happy memories. Peeing in the bed and sleep-walk-peeing in the bathroom closet and on the bedroom carpet and other places. Many times.

"That's not pee, that was sweat. It's too hot in here. You always turn up the thermostat."

"The dog did that." Me: He opened the closet door?

Early on in our marriage, I asked him to go to the doctor for sleep-walk-peeing. "My doctor told me not to drink so much water before bed."
Old 08-04-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
I got vomited on a couple of times in bed, also sleep punched and kicked, which I now suspect were seizures. He never lost control of his bowels while in bed, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
I've also gotten punched and kicked while we were both sleeping. Oh, and head butting is always a nice way to wake up.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

In answer to your question, I'd let him be responsible for cleaning up his own mess. Consequences.

I eventually abandoned ship (let go of caring about my furniture and moved to a different bedroom after I discovered his cheating) and didn't have to deal with being peed on, hit, and kicked. (Yay me, never got pooped or vomited upon!)

When I kicked him out a year later, I spent a lot of time cleaning the walls and furniture, replacing flooring, etc. Almost two years later, still finding suspicious stains. I'm ordering a black light flashlight which will make the stains show up.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
OMG...that would be a wake up call for me. Enough is enough. If someone has to pi$$ the bed b/c they refuse to not drink so much, they could sleep elsewhere.
rofl
if only it was that simple : ) its to long to explain but thanks for your post as i used to say things like that when i would see others in a mess with booze
if ever i got that bad i would do something about it

sadly i didnt and it only got worse bed wetting is a luxary if you dont have a bed to wet : )
Old 08-04-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Way too many memories I'd like to forget, ugh, but I did buy a new mattress once he left.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am aware of bed-wetting incidents early on in our relationship, and get this: He claimed I had done it!! Oddly enough, this was before things had gotten very bad at all...

And for the past quite a few years, I have slept in a different room b/c his snoring was so severe I couldn't sleep. I know he had a handful of peeing incidents that he told me about, claiming he would be dreaming about peeing and then awaken to find it was true, but I have no idea how many or how few I never knew about.

The snoring is much, much less frequent now that he is not drinking, and so far as I know the peeing has not happened in sobriety either. However, for better or worse, I've grown so used to sleeping in my own bed w/my basset and my terrier that I've not moved back to his bed. He claims he's more comfortable sleeping alone, too, so that may just be how it remains.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Cat Lady

I know this is in the friends and family area but I just wanted to chime in. Recovering alcoholic here. Never wet the bed but I did pee my pants in public a few times. It was quite embarrassing but, you know, still drank! Thank goodness I don't do that anymore!