VENT: DD last nite home for summer; AH drunk!

Old 08-03-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

VENT: DD last nite home for summer; AH drunk!

Tonight is my daughter's last night home before I go with her tomorrow to move her things to an apartment for her second year of college. She had to work last night and again today but had planned to get home this evening for 6 or 7.

AH "helped" yesterday after playing golf all morning until 1 pm by taking 2 hours to go get oil changed and gas up her car (normally at half hour task at max). We were waiting for him to come back so WE (not him) could start loading it up. He got back in time for the rain. Then after DD went to work in the evening, AH went to my brother's house 15 min away, where AH goes to get drunk. Bro has a man cave which serves as my AH's neighborhood bar. "Do you mind if I got to your brother's house?" My answer is the same, "do what you feel you need to do." If I say no, he's angry and pi$$y all night.

I went to bed at 10 pm. AH got home around 11. But he got up at the crack of dawn this morning to go play golf. He was gone by the time I got up at 7! I have no clue how he does it b/c I was exhausted and I didn't have anything to drink!

After golf which lasted today until 12:30, AH "helped" once again by taking our dog to my brother's house where my sister in law will dogsit while I am gone for the week. So AH gets back around 6. Doesn't seem drunk at all....but I can hardly tell anymore.

DD gets home around 7. I think she said "Hey dad." and He said, "Hey boo." That's it. Then AH goes outside to sit on patio around 7:30.... I leave him out there while I'm running around getting everything else packed...

Then I go check b/c I thought I heard him in his bathroom. He came in went to bed without saying a word. And didn't even lock the back door!

Two words to his daughter on her last night at home.

I guess I should be grateful because he at least got her oil changed and brought dog to my brother's house and he's not yelling or screaming or breaking things.... But he didn't load a single thing in the car. And more importantly, didn't even attempt to spend time with our daughter before she leaves for college six hours away! And she won't be home until Thanksgiving!

I'm so tired of being a married single parent. Yet everyone outside of this house thinks he's a great dad.

Thanks for letting me VENT!
Old 08-03-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

The best expectations are no expectations. (((Hugs)))
Old 08-04-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Distant Dad's - I once was one. I was there, but not.
I have discovered that as an alkeyholic - the nature of my relationships has been all about me and always self-centered. Like your hubby, I would do things like oil changes and buy stuff for family......

Classic traits! Never give up HOPE - miracles to happen.........
Old 08-04-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ah yes. While one child is leaving, you still have the biggest child at home. Only you can decide what, if anything, you will do about it.

XXX
Old 08-04-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, I too am a married single parent. It really gets old after a while. I understand your frustration.