Feeling down today :(

Old 08-03-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling down today :(

I don't even know why? I just woke up with sadness.. Please offer me some words of wisdom to help me get through today... I have 20 days NC ..
Old 08-03-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do something to get out of your head, your normal routine. Go to a museum, see a movie, do something you wouldn't ordinarily do. A change of scenery even in the same city can do a heart wonders. Physical activity helps a lot, too. Just don't sit and dwell on sadness. You are doing great with the NC, now take care of yourself in a pampering or adventuring sort of way.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sad days don't last forever, maybe plan something nice to do tomorrow...a special lunch, a walk in nature, hair and nails? Anything that will pick you up and take your mind someplace happier.

Hope this passes soon. The difference between a bad day and a good day is usually about 2 days.

Hugs
Old 08-03-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by kkallday21 View Post
I don't even know why? I just woke up with sadness.. Please offer me some words of wisdom to help me get through today... I have 20 days NC ..
When that happens to me, I do whatever I need to do to distract myself. Going to the gym helps. So does playing guitar or (strangely) playing GTA 5. Anything to change the channel in my head...

But, you've survived the day. Which is sometimes all you can do.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope you are doing alright KKallday. its tough sometimes, but not all the time. keep busy, learn something new, even if its only online. pretty soon, it will be easier. just get back in the habit of doing what makes you happy, not someone else.
hugs.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. Your words and thoughts are what got me through.. I love this site and am very grateful for each of you. We will continue moving forward together xoxo
21 days NC!!
Old 08-05-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
The difference between a bad day and a good day is usually about 2 days.
Now see? It's two days later and already you are feeling better.

Sometimes we have to distract ourselves to keep from obsessing, that's not denial that's taking care of ourselves. And what better way to distract ourself than to be with other healthy people (like friends or at a meeting), or doing something we enjoy.

We're cheering you on and walking with you.

Hugs
Old 08-05-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kkallday - 3 weeks for me - I know what your going through - it is very hard - I can't tell you what will make you feel better because I haven't found it myself but I can tell you when I start to get sad I think of all the drama and lies and nonsense and while I mourn my daughter I do NOT mourn the addict in her place. Perspective is an important thing. Keep talking to us at SR - prayers to you
Old 08-10-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No contact is the best thing you can do. I know it's hard to imagine all of the nasty things that you are missing out on by not giving into dealing with the addict, but I'm here to tell you, I got enough nastiness from my ex last night for both of us. You are doing the right thing. Stick with it, you won't be disappointed, it's the healthy thing to do!