Suggestions for leaving

Old 08-02-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suggestions for leaving

Ok so I've had it in my mind for a while to leave my AH. Not a decision I have been toying with lightly but these days the bad out weigh the good. We have 3 children together. I'm sticking back money he doesn't know about. I've been going through our stuff and selling what we don't want on ebay. I've emailed a couple of lawyers to set up meetings. I don't know the rules if I were to leave and him saying I kidnapped the children. I don't think he would but you never know. I am staying in the same town. I would prefer not to uproot my children but I don't think he would leave. We rent and we are both on the lease. Any suggestions to make the transition smoother?
Old 08-02-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know where you live, but in the US, it's not kidnapping to move with your children. Speaking with an attorney is a good idea. I work for the court, handling domestic relations (domestic violence, custody & child support). If you are in the US, I would suggest filing for custody & visitation ASAP. If there's no court order, he can come get the children at any time & take the anywhere he wants. I am so sorry you & your children are going through this.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I left my husband and took our 2 children out of state for a year. Before I left I started to keep documentation on things like violence or if he wasnt able to watch the kids due to drinking too much. I spoke with several attorneys before I did it. I always kept him informed of our address and phone numbers and let the kids talk and skype with him.

Good luck to you.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ok I do live in the US. So that's a relief.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Spoke with AH today, he's leaving Friday when he gets paid. Yay!!!!