Wishing you alll a Happy Saturday SR!

Old 08-02-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wishing you alll a Happy Saturday SR!

Today I challenge each & every one of you to just BE happy. (yes, all you Lurkers out there too )

I know that we are all at different points in our recoveries, and in recovery itself for similar-yet-different reasons; but one of the things that I think is beneficial no matter WHO or WHERE you are is the ability to give yourself permission to be happy for just ONE day. A Mental Health Day.

That's it. 24 hours of self-imposed happiness. Drop your worries, fears & resentments at the dawn of your day & do your very best to just be happy RIGHT NOW, finding security in the thought that as imperfect as your situation is, everything is also exactly where it should be for you right now, making it.... well, perfect for you.

Drop your insecurities, your guilt & your self-judgments..... anything that you've beaten to death mentally & can't do anything more about at this moment anyway..... it will all still be waiting for you tomorrow, to pick back up where you left off, if you choose.

If anything new & stressful pops up today (but isn't an emergency) file it right away into that "Tomorrow" box & remind yourself that you have tomorrow to deal with it.

Claim today for YOU in whatever small way makes a difference because if you can manage to find that peace for yourself even for just a little bit today, it'll get easier every time you try.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks, girl. I'm trying. Going to meditate in a minute.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice post Firesprite! I wish I'd read it this morning, but I did manage a happy say none the less. :-)
Old 08-02-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm smiling so much over this because it wasn't long ago that I would have been lost at trying to do this, and now it's becoming so much easier to be a part of every day. FS, thanks for posting this. The caring attitude found here at SR is wonderful.

What's worked for you with dropping insecurities, worry, guilt, etc.? In the past I wouldn't have known how to start. Now I'm having a hard time targeting small things that work for me as so much has been involved and it's been a long process. Going barefoot outside helps me, sitting, quiet, breathing -- as I breath in, thinking "I am breathing in." As I breath out, thinking "I am breathing out." Awareness without needing to change things. In "Being of Power" there's a guided meditation to scan the physical self and that one really helps me. This morning I became aware of tenseness I didn't know I was carrying, and from there I was able to accept it, and then to work on releasing it.

I've heard this mentioned here and finally searched for it a few days ago:
https://chopracentermeditation.com/
Old 08-02-2014, 09:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

At 230 today I decided I felt like golfing, and I live right across the street from a golf course so I went. I love spur of the moment activities and forgot how much I missed them. Happy Saturday.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Just read this so I will have a happy Sunday! I've been pretty ok today and tonight I'm going to have a nice relaxing bath, lots of candles and pamper myself, just realised I haven't had a relaxing bath since he left (yes I have showered lol).

So a pampering night for me