Confused

Old 08-01-2014, 09:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confused

Hello,

So XABF has been emailing me daily. It will first be about our son then he will bring up other things. I've told him that he needs to stop contacting me so much. He had ask why? I just told him because he's moved on and I'm moving forward in my life. He then said I understand that but I think you feel I have feelings for other people and not you. And that's not the case. I didn't respond back. But I thought, what is that suppose to mean and it just confused me. I try not to think to much into it but for some reason it bothered me.

I just need to stick to minimum contact for now since it's better for me.

Thanks for listening.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's hard at first, I know: filtering out the BS. It does get easier, I promise. The advise I got here was to treat dealing with it like an appointment... Only the business facts: date, time, brief info about it. Anything else goes in the trash. It was hard to do starting out; I had to have my sister act as a filter at first. She'd read any e-mail, delete the stupid, and tell me what the valid questions/info were.

My next step was to start reviewing them on my own, with her nearby so I could ask, "Do I need to answer this or provide that info?" for the ones I wasn't sure of.

((((hugs)))) sending you peace and continued strength.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
It's hard at first, I know: filtering out the BS. It does get easier, I promise. The advise I got here was to treat dealing with it like an appointment... Only the business facts: date, time, brief info about it. Anything else goes in the trash. It was hard to do starting out; I had to have my sister act as a filter at first. She'd read any e-mail, delete the stupid, and tell me what the valid questions/info were.

My next step was to start reviewing them on my own, with her nearby so I could ask, "Do I need to answer this or provide that info?" for the ones I wasn't sure of.

((((hugs)))) sending you peace and continued strength.
Thanks uncertainty!

It can be very hard at times with certain things he says. It's like he is trying to hook me back in when he obviously has a girlfriend. I just want him to leave me alone as much as possible.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is manipulation. My separated AH does same. We are talking about daughters daycare one minute then turns into he truly misses me the next. Yet he has a girlfriend. He tries to poke around to make sure I still want him. It is a mind game.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iamthird View Post
It is manipulation. My separated AH does same. We are talking about daughters daycare one minute then turns into he truly misses me the next. Yet he has a girlfriend. He tries to poke around to make sure I still want him. It is a mind game.
A mind game is exactly what it is. He tells me that he likes being alone in his own world. While his girlfriend trys to rub in there romantic evenings together. Lol

They both need help! And they both need to leave me alone.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just do your best not to romanticize it. He may truly love you. I believe my separated AH truly loves me. Alcoholism is progressive and he is sinking deeper and deeper into the abyss right now. I have to see him almost daily because of our daycare arrangement/work schedules and it does wear on me so I know how you feel. Sometimes he comes in the morning and he looks so handsome and I just want to hug him! But then I fast forward in my mind to what would happen if I go down that road again....the answer is nothing good!!!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iamthird View Post
Just do your best not to romanticize it. He may truly love you. I believe my separated AH truly loves me. Alcoholism is progressive and he is sinking deeper and deeper into the abyss right now. I have to see him almost daily because of our daycare arrangement/work schedules and it does wear on me so I know how you feel. Sometimes he comes in the morning and he looks so handsome and I just want to hug him! But then I fast forward in my mind to what would happen if I go down that road again....the answer is nothing good!!!
Thanks I am third! It can be challenging especially when it comes to our child. Our son is only 2 and we have a long road ahead of us. I just have to remind myself to keep moving forward.

Honestly I've been proud of myself to not even respond to half of the craziness because in my head I just want to write SHUT UP ALREADY. Lol
Old 08-02-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know! Sadly I have been going through this since DD6 was 2 also!! �� PM me anytime!!
Old 08-02-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks again iamthird!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Another limited-contact single mom with a 2 yo. It sucks. What can I say?