Soon to be XAH got his 2nd driving on suspended

Old 08-01-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Soon to be XAH got his 2nd driving on suspended

AH calls me at work, and starts yelling, blaming me that somehow I sabotaged him, and that's why he got his 2nd ticket for driving on a suspended license in 6 months. He also has 2 DUIs and blames everyone but himself! So, he calls all of his friends, and just makes me sound like the biggest b**** even though I had nothing to do with it! I am so sick of this! So glad this is almost over! He is still in my house, and refuses to leave until he gets served. The papers were filed with the courthouse, so hopefully, he is served next week, and I can start to live my life for me and my kids again! Thanks for listening! I just needed to vent a bit!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

They're just precious, aren't they?
Old 08-02-2014, 12:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
I gotta hear this. How exactly did you "sabotage" him? Did you hire a spy to slip him a mickey? Did cops actually pull over a look alike car being driven by a look alike actor?

Shan,
Try not to worry about what his friends think. They probably know he's full of crap anyway. I hope everything goes smoothly for you over the next few weeks. Just keep you're eye on the prize. ((( hugs )))
Old 08-02-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try not to worry about what his friends think. They probably know he's full of crap anyway
This times a thousand. He probably has friends that are drunks too, and they don't matter. The regular folks that do matter, have already realized that he has issues, even if they haven't connected the dots to alcoholism yet. I know it was like that for me after I sobered up and started making amends.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Golly....Gee....Bummer. AlAnon taught me that I could detach from crazy behavior and blaming by using a few benign words when confronted by the A. Pulled over again??? "Bummer". Then either hang up the phone (you're at work and need to work), or walk away. Sounds like you have a week left until he gets served. Try to stay detached, and don't worry about what others think. My Sponsor reminds me of 2 things when others are involved. 1) What others think of me is none of my business 2) That stuff is outside of my hoola hoop, therefore not my issue.