Notices

Day 3, always my sticking point

Old 08-01-2014, 12:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3, always my sticking point

Here I go into day 3, which has always been the day that has been the toughest for me. In the past I have made it to the evening of day 3 and then given in and drank.
I cannot believe that I cannot go 3 days without drinking and that I haven't for so long.
About 10 years ago I quit for about 14 months. I then started drinking again and would maybe drink 5-6 nights of the week. I cut back to about 1 or 2 glasses per week when I was pregnant (with the ok from my doctor) but picked up drinking after both births. For the past 3 years I have been drinking every day, and the past year, every day all day. I stopped for a week a little over 2 years ago. But those are my only periods of sobriety worth noting. The rest have been some stop and gos that have not gone past day 3.
NOT THIS TIME. I am determined to make it through today sober. I cannot wait to wake up tomorrow feeling as refreshed and happy and energetic as I did today. It is only 9:15 here and I have already changed the kids beds (thanks bedwetters, grrrrr) made my bed, done a load of laundry, fed the kids breakfast, made my lemon water and checked my work emails. I am now off to make coffee, unload the dishwasher then head to the gym. After that a beach day with the kids. I just hope I don't stop at the bar for a glass of wine. We go to a beach club that has a bar/restaurant that I have of course LOVED to visit.
My plan to get through that is to take a picnic lunch for the kids so that we don't have to go there for anything, just enjoy the seaside. I feel so good, it is amazing after only 2 days the difference. I cannot wait to see how it gets better and better. Good luck to all of us to make it through another day sober. We can do it and we deserve it!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's all about tweaking your plan, change things up and the results will change!!

You can do this!!
Old 08-01-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hear you. It was the 4th day for me. Just a killer. Couldn't get past it. Felt better, hangover gone and hey! I can drink again. Did me in so many times, so I know how you feel.
Sounds Like you've got a full schedule to keep you busy. That's great.
If you feel like having a drink, just think of the ramifications; the hangover, anxiety and remorse. It isn't worth it.
Best to you, and have a great sober day.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stay strong Meraviglioso!!!! You had 14 months before so you know how much better you will feel if you stick it out for a while. Try to think back on how much better you felt back then. Take care.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I understand you perfectly. and you find you'll make excuses to go out. I have to buy lettuce, or some such.. Then you see the booze, and say, Just this one time. I'll stop after this one. Then its a month later. Here is how I got past. I said, just make it today, tomorrow you can have that drink. Tomorrow for me is 2 years ago today. Every once in a while I still tell myself tomorrow, in fact it happened recently... I was going to have one drink..then said, you know, have it tomorrow. That was last week. Then I wake up and think I"M SO HAPPY I didn't have a drink.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yep, the beast likes to wait until the third or fourth day. Let you get the hangover out of your system. You start feeling better and it slides up beside you and whispers, "You can handle it this time. Just have one to prove it to yourself." A case of wine later and you're starting all over, again.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You all are amazing. It feels good to finally find people who understand. Yep, those thoughts have already started creeping in... "ahh, you've been so good, just one glass of wine won't hurt" but I know that it will never be one glass, I'll get completely drunk, have a hellacious hangover tomorrow, so I'll drink to get through that and there I am again. I just can't do it. Just can't. I am going out tonight with my boyfriend. I have a pretty new dress I am going to wear. I am trying to envision myself staying strong and looking good all night long instead of getting wasted, barely able to walk, hair and make up a mess, looking like a wreck. Have a great, sober night everyone!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm the same! Day three is the hardest day. I can't count the number of times I got to Day 3 and then dropped the ball. But I'm on Day 12 now, so it's possible!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3 and hang in there! You can do this, be strong and just keep thinking how good it will feel to wake up tomorrow, sober. Day 4 is just around the corner!

Make a plan and stick to it. That's what I have to focus on too, plan, plan, plan...
Old 08-01-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

God I know how u feel on day 3! though this past months its been day 2. I am the same I gave up a year and bang I started back.

I am still trying and I will do this, just means a brain transplant or change of attitude towards myself.

You however is doing good hope to see u back, I haven't been around a lot, so just found ur post. So its just not me that has a problem getting past certain amount of days.

Keep working at it, take day at a time what ever it takes. thanks for ur post xxx
Old 08-01-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sounds like it's gona be a great day for you and your kids!! I had something similar planned but we stayed home, I cleaned the house and they're laying in my bed watching movies while I'm drinking some tea, folding laundry and listening to music, its actually really relaxing! Thank you for your visitor message by the way! So sweet! Have a great day, make sure you let us know how it goes and be glad that tomorrow you're going to wake up feeling awesome!!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you Mera. Hope your day has gone better than expected.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your night is good Meraviglioso

good to see you too Erratic!

D
Old 08-02-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You guys are scaring me! I'm only on day 2. Looks like I'm locking myself in my room lol!! Hope your night went well, Meraviglioso!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ah Rob, I did it though! I made it! You can too. I'm now at 5pm on day 4, never thought I'd get here. Ready to cruise on through to day 5. Keep it up, just take it slow, break it donw into little chunks and come on here and post when you need to. I have tried to quit and failed so many times. I feel like my success this time is due to the support I am receiving here. You can do it, stay strong.