Notices

Need to vent

Old 07-31-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need to vent

Well this morning at about 11 am pst. My husband went to pick up his drunk friend and his 10 year old son and brought them over to hangout. His friend is going through a lot just like all of us. There is no talking to him.

Long story short, they bought a 30 pack of Tecate beer. Which put me in an irritating mood! I've been snappy with my husband. He thinks it's cuz he is bonding with his friend. But it's because so much alcohol is in front of my eyes and his friend did offer me a drink a couple of times but I refused. I tried to be polite about it. I think my husband is getting it that I'm not drinking even though I haven't come and have said it. He hasn't bugged me and hasn't offered me any beer. Thank goodness.

My irritability has subsided. But I know how they will be acting by the end of tonight cuz I have been there many times. I'm on day 8 and don't want to mess up my sobriety. I did go to the gym and ran some errands. Now, I'm just trying to find ways to keep myself busy and away from them.

Thanks for listening. I really needed to vent.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are doing the right thing. Staying busy and away from them is a good thing. Being around drunk people usually makes me thrilled to not be drinking, but then it isn't in my home. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Altoids for your support!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Cheli, great job saying no and on day 8. You can always stick around here and read away. I know that's got to be hard being in that situation but you're holding up very well. Congrats.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is a really tough spot to be in. Good job keeping your priority! Is the little boy still there? I feel sorry for him!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job Altoid! Look at the bright side. No hangover for you tomorrow morning. Wake up and enjoy a nice breakfast and watch them turn green.

Stay focused on why you chose not to drink and stick with it.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, the little boy is still here but I'm entertaining him and his father and my husband are in the "man cave". I hooked him up in our spare bedroom to watch movies. The good thing is no one is driving. They are spending the night.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone and their kind words and support.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's very hard and very tough to be around alcohol when you are abstaining. But in the end it's worth it. After a while it will get easier. Just stay positive.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cheli, you are doing a wise thing by taking breaks and coming on here and posting. I get a whole lot of strength and support from separating myself in privacy from the madness and catching a breath of sanity from SR.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I like the idea of a vengeful breakfast tomorrow morn. Easy over eggs on corned beef hash? Heuvos Rancheros?
Old 08-01-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How are things going??? Just checking in. I know last night was not fun for you at all. I'm so glad that child had one sober person in the house. You rock, girl.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

good job.

you realize it is just a bit unfair to expect him to change any behaviors without you communicating your abstinence intentions. im not saying he will, but he deserves to know the where the lines are. from his point of view, now you are upset and he doesnt know why.