Notices

good morning! :)

Old 07-30-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

good morning! :)

Woke up to my 7 year old crying and saying "mommy I had a bad dream, can we cuddle?" If I had been hungover I would have been pissed to be woken up at 6am to a crying kid, nightmare or not lol. Instead were cuddled up on the couch, coffee in hand-watching the sun rise. Pretty great way to start the day if you ask me.

Its nice, being able to notice all the little things that you didn't appreciate when you were always either drunk or hungover.

Have a beautiful day SR!
Old 07-30-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Well done, Mom.

Thanks for sharing your lovely morning!
Old 07-30-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you nonsensical, have a great day!
Old 07-30-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic stuff!!
Old 07-30-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lovely post. I have a young child too and every morning I wake relieved to be sober.

Congrats on your sober time and have a lovely day
Old 07-30-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning!

I find regularly waking up early to be a superior lifestyle, and recommend everyone give it a try.

benefits

1) it's very rare that someone will wake you up too early, because you're already up!
2) less late-night snacking, because you're already asleep
3) if you want to sleep later one day you can, because you have plenty of time
4) people will think you're the proverbial "early bird" so you are elevated in their eyes as a real go-getter

I can't think of any others and these are kind of a comedic bit anyway, if you hadn't picked that up
Old 07-30-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

^^lol!! Hey I think those are all great reasons to get up early! I have a reason to add to the list!
You dont have to feel like such a loser when you wake up and get on Facebook or talk to "the normal people" you know and hear how productive everyones morning is going- while you're waking up smelling like liquor trying to get rid of you're hangover lol! (At least thats how many of my mornings went!)
Old 07-30-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So true Ready2beSober! My patience level has changed SO much now that I'm sober. I also appreciate so much more in my daily happenings that I hadn't before.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job Ready! Life is so much better sober...
Old 07-30-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yep, that is amazing. Dealing with little ones is so much easier, and actually fun, when we are not hungover. Congratulations!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Soberclover, same here! It makes me a little sad thinking about the way I acted towards my kids at times. In the morning I was in such a s***ty mood, then by the evening when I had a buzz I was trying to make up for the morning.. it had to be confusing. Tired hungover mommy is so mean, but drunk mommy wants to bake cookies and do art projects! Feels so much better being in a stable mood, even if that means I'm not as"fun" in the evening as I was when I was drinking. Now our mornings are so much more enjoyable for all of us, and the nights are "normal" nights.

How old are all of your kids? My daughters are 7 and 9 and my son just turned 5. I love the ages they're at.. they're turning into little people and really getting their own personalities. And even though I wish I had got sober earlier, I'm glad they're still young enough for me to try to make up for the bad times.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ready2beSober View Post
If I had been hungover I would have been pissed to be woken up at 6am to a crying kid, nightmare or not lol.
Yep, I was the same. Now I am arriving to pick up my daughter from daycamp...early. Because I miss her. I am definitely more present in the world.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ready2beSober View Post
How old are all of your kids? My daughters are 7 and 9 and my son just turned 5.
Mine are 4, 11 and 13. It was to the point where my 13-yr-old would say "Can I get you a glass if wine?". I said, "Why?". He said, "because I know you like it." "Oh, okay then." Be glad yours won't remember. They are still young enough.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Beautiful, thank you for sharing! Being able to be in the moment and enjoy it is one of my favourite things about sobriety too.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjuly View Post
Mine are 4, 11 and 13. It was to the point where my 13-yr-old would say "Can I get you a glass if wine?". I said, "Why?". He said, "because I know you like it." "Oh, okay then." Be glad yours won't remember. They are still young enough.
I hope so! My oldest daughter recently asked why I haven't been drinking and I told her its not good for our family, and I want to be better for them. She said "I dont mind if you drink, I just wish you wouldnt drink so much when we have company because its embarrassing. . You always get the drunkest." Seriously the worst feeling ever. It made me think back to all the birthday parties, etc. Any gathering was an opportunity for me and my family to party. I was always drunk by the time we got to presents and cake. She turns 10 this year, were having a big "double digit" slumber party, and for once I wont be walking around embarrassing her!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Notmyrealname View Post
Good morning!

I find regularly waking up early to be a superior lifestyle, and recommend everyone give it a try.

benefits

1) it's very rare that someone will wake you up too early, because you're already up!
2) less late-night snacking, because you're already asleep
3) if you want to sleep later one day you can, because you have plenty of time
4) people will think you're the proverbial "early bird" so you are elevated in their eyes as a real go-getter

I can't think of any others and these are kind of a comedic bit anyway, if you hadn't picked that up
I have another benefit of getting up earlier

1. You burn more calories from spending more of the day being active!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

^^ yes, there's that! And you're burning actual calories, not just all the booze calories consumed the night before