Notices

Looking for me

Old 07-28-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for me

Day 1....again. I am happy to have found this site. Any suggestions about the best way to use SR? I'm a bit baffled and have just been looking around here and there. I would love to hear just the right words at just the right time like a little Yoda on my shoulder, ya know?
Old 07-28-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Post what you are feeling. Lots of support and experience here. Also read other posts. You will find many of us experience a lot of the same issues
Old 07-28-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Haha.. It would be great if there were some magical combination of words that will make our problem go away. If there is, I haven't found it yet. Part of my problem though, was wanting it to be easy, to look for short-cuts. It's true that it's easier for some than others, and some people seem to find success faster than others, but we're all individuals. There were no short-cuts for me and while there have been easier days, there's also overwhelming hard days. My suggestion is to stick around, read posts, post posts. There will be no magical words, but maybe words that are helpful.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Inchworm

The best thing to do is post and read as much as you like. There's a lot of wisdom here.
I'm sure you'll find some inspiring thoughts suggestions and ideas

Newcomers Forum (this one) is a good place to start

D
Old 07-28-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Talk about my feelings? I'm scared that I'll screw up and that time will come again when I think I can drink wine like "normal" people. I know the time will come -ha! It always does, doesn't it? I just want to get through it sober.

And, Nightswatch? You're right. I want a short cut, too. What a wild ride it's gonna be!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Posting and reading here regularly helped me stay grounded and to ignore that voice that told me i over reacted or that one drink would be ok

D
Old 07-28-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome inchworm! In this community you will find wonderful support and wisdom of every texture and variety. Sometimes it's the warm coat in the "winter" moments of sobriety and sometimes it's simply the summer sunshine of connection. Sometimes it's a well placed kick in your "addiction's" behind and sometime's it's an outstretched hand when the edge you're hanging onto is bout to give way.

So glad you've joined us. I have found so very often...whether it's someone who has posted on a thread I have initiated or simply a post to someone else's...some of those words really are "magic" ..as they help keep my sobriety intention into real world being.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wecome inchworm!! The best thing about SR is you will find a little bit of everything, and don't be surprised when a post resonates with you. You will think you wrote it yourself. It's comforting to know we are not alone- and the proof of that is certainly here. Glad you joined us!

Lisa.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome. Lots of support from people just like you. Just post and read. Support is always a click away.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
like a little Yoda on my shoulder, ya know?
Do or do not. There is no try.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome! Just post! The rest will come easy
Old 07-29-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Inchworm,

Welcome! I too am new to SR. I have found not only posting, but finding members whose messages resonate with me. We are all different and certain approaches appeal to certain people.

When I find a member who has been around here for awhile and I like what they have to say, I click on there screen name and scroll down to their other postings and read them. These folks know their way around SR and many have long term/solid sobriety. "........I came here to understand......"

You'll find some that are moderators and administrators etc. Also look for those who have a ton of posts and been here for awhile - good place to start!! The chat room helped me get through a mental urge a few days back as well!

There's help here - just speak(post) from your heart!!!
51 days sober today!
peace
Old 07-29-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Welcome from a hot and sunny England, Inchworm Come and join the family - it's great to have you with us

I've just reached 18 months sobriety and have done that almost exclusively with wisdom and support from people here :