Notices

The A word.....AGAIN!

Old 07-28-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The A word.....AGAIN!

Hello all - Day 25! I am excited that I am still here and still on this journey.
However am still getting anxiety attacks ( moderate- lasts 20+ mins) Some days I am fine , others tiny bouts of depression and others the big A.

I know it will take more time but I am being a big baby , YES ...I need a Wham-bulance!

I could go see a DR. but I do not want to take Xanax or Valium etc.

Any tips on anything natural you have tried? Anything will help as I hate it soooooooo much!

GRACIAS and glad to be here~

Trouble
Old 07-28-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you are here, amigo.

I work my chosen program of recovery and I ask God for help.

That's what I do - your mileage (or method) may vary.

I hope you hang around and give the alcohol and drugs a rest.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

25 days. Thats awesome. I like chamomile tea to wind down. Tried valerian root. Dont think it did much.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks !!! I hope this passes soon!
Old 07-28-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When the big A hits me, I will juice a big glass of cucumber, celery, carrot and apple. Sometimes I end up juicing a couple times a day, but there is something so calming in feeding my body healthy stuff. Plus I know some of the nutrients in there help me with headaches and such. It isn't for everyone, but it works for me.

Also, the idea of comedy is a GREAT thing. I have a few fallback comedies I know will get me laughing, so will watch them. Laughing and lots of TLC help me a great deal.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

First off...I love your Avatar..gave me a chuckle : )

For me, when I can't switch "mind channels"..I will often go to an App I downloaded on my phone which has a ton of meditations, self hypnosis, motivations, affirmations etc etc. There are many out there but the one I use is a free app from Joseph Clough..he has this lovely English accent I find very ear palatable. I am kinda picky bout my audio. Someone gave me some Louise Hay positive affirmation CD..and I found her voice like nails on a chalkboard (despite her literary personal development wisdom). Just a non-medication alternative I find helpful.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

25 Dqays is fantastic!!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you !!!!!!!! I am trying
Old 07-29-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
waking down

Valerian helped me in the early days. Some people go to a doc for medication but I resisted. Meditation has now replaced it, and I think my brain chemistry has leveled out some. It will very likely get better for you. Breathe. Know it comes and goes. It will pass...
Old 07-29-2014, 09:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I like to think to myself about the things that could have triggered the anxiety. Somehow, rationally running through the things in my mind one at a time and providing myself with answers as to why I might be feeling the way that I do helps me pass time until the anxiety goes away. Also, I put one of my favorite records/CD's on. That's what I did tonight.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all ...much Love!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trouble1234 View Post
Hello all - Day 25! I am excited that I am still here and still on this journey.
However am still getting anxiety attacks ( moderate- lasts 20+ mins) Some days I am fine , others tiny bouts of depression and others the big A.

I know it will take more time but I am being a big baby , YES ...I need a Wham-bulance!

I could go see a DR. but I do not want to take Xanax or Valium etc.

Any tips on anything natural you have tried? Anything will help as I hate it soooooooo much!

GRACIAS and glad to be here~

Trouble
Exercise?
Old 08-01-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have the same problem. Which I'm pretty sure is what lead to me drinking so much. When I'm having bad anxiety I'm not one of those people who can just think happier thoughts. Breathing exercises have helped me a little at night. During the day when anxiety sets in, I will go for a run with headphones in with loud music, if I'm not in the mood for a run, a walk helps. Seems like when I get back home I forgot what all the anxiety was about in the first place. Usually for me though, its sitting back thinking about all the things I've said and done while I was drunk. It gets me everytime.