Notices

No urge to drink...but damn

Old 07-28-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No urge to drink...but damn

It's moments like these where I'm just so frustrated with life itself that it would normally make me run to the gas station to get some beers. I'm not going to, but just been dealing with what feels like a road block at every corner no matter what I do. The good karma train needs to arrive here soon.

I know I'm not the only here that feels that way which is why it makes it easier for me to talk about I guess =)

If you've read my other posts I just need to vent no whining here.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Getright

Old 07-28-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Vent away, getright, just don't drink!

The good karma train is on its way. It may be delayed by signal failure, but stay on the platform, it's coming!
Old 07-28-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

I understand completely how you feel. Some days the best I can do is to just keep going and have faith better days are ahead. Staying sober during these times feels like a test to me, but I always feel stronger when I get through it and my sobriety more permanent. Hope things turn around soon.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi. When I finally stopped drinking I thought ALL good things would now come my way because of it. The only thing that changed was me and I was made aware that good things were more probable with 2 things, I needed to change and work to make those changes. It started with me getting honest with myself about MY drinking and an honest desire to stop drinking. It’s not an overnight “cure” and takes the four letter word “TIME” along with acceptance.
And KEEP COMING

BE WELL
Old 07-28-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there!!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The hits just keep on coming that's all I know! More bad news today, but at this point I'm just shrugging my shoulders. My goodness....didn't know life can offer as many blows as I've taken. It is what it is.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
waking down

It is what it is. That is exactly right. Have you ever read about radical acceptance? Easier said than done, but I'm working on it and it's helping me. Keep breathing...
Old 07-28-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It happens to all of us. It is hard to make the transition but being grateful for what you have helps. Start counting your blessings and the good seems to start rolling in. Do a good deed for someone. Happy attracts happy kind of thing. It works for me. The crap eventually works itself out and goes away.

Hang in there! Hugs!
Old 07-28-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno about anyone else but I think I was so used to drinking over just about everything that life seemed to offer a hell of a lot of challenges when I quit.

I learned to deal with them all sober tho, and things got better. I'm sure it will be the same for you too getitright

D