Notices

Anxiety issues

Old 07-27-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety issues

Hi, my name is Vicky and I quit drinking 5 weeks ago tm====feeling physically energetic, but going thru some anxiety issues, including work issues who aren't helping me, even tho they claim they're a company who'll help if u admit u have a problem. Been prescribed clonazapan to take only 3x week to help me sleep, but been poppin them like candy at work now---the stress level too high for me. I'm a shipper receiver and exposed to a lot of noise and distractions---drivers, co-workers,radios, two-ways----I asked for a later shift when it's quieter and my boss seemed more concerned that my relief would get behind on her own work cause we're so short staffed---really don't want to take the stress leave route, any advice from anyone?
Old 07-27-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I can't advise you on the work issue, but want to congratulate you on five weeks sober!
Old 07-28-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your time sober is GREAT!! KEEP AT IT!!! In a few more weeks you could be feeling better any I found for me that getting sleep and eating well and avoiding any substances at all like pills or pain killers or caffiene and stimulants was very helpful. When I did hit the pillow it was GREAT, and that was even if it were just a few hours. I just kept things easy and smooth and tried not to replace the booze. Just go with life and try to eat right and enjoy things, enjoy a nice desert or something now and again. I hope this helps. The bottom line is. I'm so GLAD you are here!
Old 07-28-2014, 01:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

P.S. My mom is from Hamilton Ontario!
Old 07-28-2014, 01:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Vicky!!

I don't know the employment regulations for where you come from, hopefully someone will be along who does!!

It's great to have you here though!!