Another relapse

Old 03-05-2002, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dfolps

Unhappy Another relapse

My partner just finished a 10 monrth rehab in November. Two weeks ago he went back out on crack. I have locked him out , I have called the police. I am lost.

Old 03-05-2002, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Lightbulb

1. You are not lost. We are here with you. He may be lost, but you are not.

2. Get to a meeting. You will find many people whose stories are just like yours. they will love you and give you support.

3. By locking him out, you took care of you. That needs to be first and foremost right now. YOU.

4. Please keep posting as long and as often as you need. Again, since we are all here with and for you, you cannot be lost.

5. if no one has told you they love you today, I am. Right here and now.

------------------
Be well, and have a great 24...
Old 03-06-2002, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi dflops and welcome to this forum. It has helped me so much since I joined about a month ago. I can hear your pain from a thousand miles away. I have felt that kind of pain myself, it can cripple you if you are not careful. I am learning that I can have a life separate from my A and that it can be good regardless. I encourage you to post again and to pour out your thoughts and feelings. This has been so healing for me. Others with more experience will respond and share and you will feel loved and understood. It is amazing how this works even on the internet. Take good care of YOU.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Amen and amen. And WELCOME!

Smoke
Old 03-06-2002, 09:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HI Dfolps

First thing WELCOME to the site. I am sorry to hear your partner went back out. Sometime as an addic we do go back out because we can't handle our feels inside ourselfs. For you, you need to look out for number one and that is ourselfs because no one will. You are in the right place to talk. If you need to chat just e-mail me and we can go into the chatroom and talk. There will be a chat tonight for women it will start 6:30pm pacific time and 9:30 easteren time. So come and join us. E-MAIL [email protected] and also it sounds like you need a hug (((((((((DFLOPS))))))))
hope to see you tonight.
SAngelfive
Old 03-06-2002, 09:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dfolps

Thank you jons51/50 and to all who sent me a reply. I have attended Al-Anon meetings but I guess I need to get back. I go to AA meetings 5 times a week. I am a recovering A, sober for seven years. So I know how hard it can be to stay clean, but I just want to scream,WHAT is your problem? He's been going to meetings for the last three days,but who knows what happens come Friday.

Old 03-06-2002, 09:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dfolps

Originally posted by jons5150:
1. You are not lost. We are here with you. He may be lost, but you are not.

2. Get to a meeting. You will find many people whose stories are just like yours. they will love you and give you support.

3. By locking him out, you took care of you. That needs to be first and foremost right now. YOU.

4. Please keep posting as long and as often as you need. Again, since we are all here with and for you, you cannot be lost.

5. if no one has told you they love you today, I am. Right here and now.

Old 03-07-2002, 08:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome dfolps! You are not alone! It took me a while to understand that I am not alone either. Coming here and venting and seeing other people going through the same feelings you are right now, WILL help you. If you feel like it post some more, or just reading helps as well. We are all here for you. If you ever want someone to talk to, you may email me @ [email protected] . Take care and keep coming back!!!

Love&Peace,
bonbon