Notices

How is everyones weekend

Old 07-27-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How is everyones weekend

Hey friends, I am working program and doing everything in my power to stay sober, rebuild relationships and friendships. I am still kind of new to " real sobriety" for the last 7 months I've been of again on again sober. However, this time is different, I am growing and learning and working a program.

For the first time in my life, I've bee asking people for forgiveness and being genuine with myself and others. This feels so good, I am getting right by me and I can't even imagine why I did the things I've done.

This is a my weekend of sorrow and promise. I am doing things with the family, doing right by others and above all staying sober. What are you doing this weekend friends, hope all is well with life.

TDG here, stay safe and sober friends, have a good weekend and be strong. Remember everything is possible in sobriety.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

TDG - your resolve is strong and you can do this! I read your post about living in Reno - good on you for taking responsibility for your actions and decisions. A location with so many temptations is certainly a challenge for addicts, but accepting that you are in charge of your choices is impressive and one of the key steps for lasting sobriety.

I had a hard time with the realization that it was no one's fault but my own that I descended into alcoholism. At first I blamed my alcoholic genetics, my stressful life, my friends and my social atmosphere. But ultimately, I accepted that it was ME who chose to give in. It was ME who showed up to places and drank. Not my father, not my friends - ME. So I figured it was only ME who could change it. And I did.

Self awareness and accountability are important and I can tell you have both. Best of luck to you - stay sober and keep it real. Enjoy your posts and look forward to seeing you here as you take your journey
Old 07-27-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Visiting my family! Sober!

Kudos on your positive changes, TDG. I hope you find the peace you are looking for.

Lisa
Old 07-27-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you TDG! Sounds like you are doing well and that is great to hear! My weekend hasn't been too bad all things considering. Keeping busy, which is the best thing for me right now.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome guys. Its a great weekend. Feeling good and productive. This time is different for myself as well. Accepting that it was my fault and my fault alone for my alcohol abuse was a turning point. I always had some reason for it. Stress from the kids, finances, you name it. Now that i accept that its me i can fix it. Have a good rest of the weekend.