Notices

day 16

Old 07-27-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 16

I only thought about booze once yesterday which is a lot better. Today i have know plans but to hopefully not think to much of booze today.. one thing i did notice while shopping yesterday was the amount of weight i gained as i walked passed a dressing room window. I didn't even recognize myself. How could i have let myself get so overweight... its so depressing
Old 07-27-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck to you today.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't let your weight gain get to you today. One thing at a time, and drinking is a more important battle to win first, in my opinion, because it affects and maybe even endangers people other than yourself.

Congratulations on Day 16! You are a success today!
Old 07-27-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 16 Tonib! The whole weight thing happened to a lot of us, so don' feel bad. The weight/bodyfat will come off, but if we continue to drink nothing will change!

Are you using a support program for your recovery. I'm using AA and love it. I very rarely even think of alcohol at all and even when I do it's not a craving like I use to have! The obsession has been removed, it really works!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job. The weight thing happened to me with the booze. It will come off. Keep it up.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Cat Lady

I completely understand about the weight thing. I've definitely had a drinking problem for a long time but up until about a year ago... My weight was the same.

Then I ballooned up 60lb in a year! Some of it was due to this devil medication I was on but I know the drinking didn't help as I kept drinking more and more alcohol.

I know in my early drinking days I don't eat much either. During the last year... Not only did I eat regularly... I indulged in lots of drunk bar food and plenty of hangover food.

Well... I'm quite new to sobriety myself but I'm pretty confident that not drinking all those calories will help the weight come off. Plus, no more loaded tator tots and nachos (my fave drunk food).

Don't feel bad about yourself at all. Being sober will bring lots if great things to you... I'm sure of it!

:-)
Old 07-27-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 16 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, its just i never noticed how big i was getting until now... how did i miss that??? Maybe i was just to drunk to care lol.... i often would come home and drink a few beers an a half pint of booze. After that i would feed my face an pass out. The next mobeing i would make my was for hangover food "huge philly cheesestreak an fries" and come home an often do it again.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cat Lady

Originally Posted by tonib View Post
Thanks everyone, its just i never noticed how big i was getting until now... how did i miss that??? Maybe i was just to drunk to care lol.... i often would come home and drink a few beers an a half pint of booze. After that i would feed my face an pass out. The next mobeing i would make my was for hangover food "huge philly cheesestreak an fries" and come home an often do it again.
I think I was to drunk to care most of the time also. I cared in the morning when I put my clothes on and looked in the mirror but then when I started drinking... Bring on the food! I once woke up with a half eaten bagel with cream cheese and peanut butter laying next to me in bed. That was a while ago but still pretty pathetic.

But with sobriety, you'll eliminate all those alcohol calories and needless drunk food.

I'm looking forward to not feeling like crap all the time from the booze and being able to start going to the gym again. Baby steps!
Old 07-27-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I can't wait to get to the gym also but haven't been feeling up to it yet.... maybe next week. Until then I'll try to stick to a low calorie diet... an yes i know when i was drunk i cared less how i looked lol
Old 07-27-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're doing ok toni - and yeah you can lose those pounds, no worries

D