Courage To Change 07/27/14

Old 07-26-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 07/27/14

I take to heart the words in the Suggested Closing that say, “. . . let there be no gossip or criticism of one another.” I try to leave my judgmental attitude at the door. Unfortunately, I pick it up again the instant I get into my car after the meeting. Nobody drives well enough to suit me. The car ahead of me goes too slowly, and I am forced to get very close and push it along. The driver behind me does the same to me. Not to be intimidated, I swear at him and drive even slower. Don’t they know my rules of the road? In other words, through constant criticism and expectations of others, I isolate myself and act like a victim. Whatever happened to practicing the Al-Anon principles in all my affairs? Do I really think I can fully reap the benefits of the program by practicing unconditional love for a single hour two or three times a week? It maybe a start, but only a start.

Today’s Reminder
I can’t keep thoughts from coming into my head, but I have a choice about whether or not to entertain those thoughts for the next hour. Am I making the choices I want to make, or is habit making my choices for me? A change of attitude means a change in my thinking. I will look at the principles I am practicing today.
“We must alter our lives in order to alter our hearts, for it is impossible to live one way and pray another.”
William Law
Old 07-27-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

O/T Gratitude alert:

Dear Carlotta, you do not know how much I appreciate that you post the date in your thread titles & that you did not skip today & thank you HP for reminding me to check in on SR this morning even though I have 100 things to do.

I totally forgot to pay my cell phone bill yesterday because we were on a marathon shopping spree with my niece getting her ready for Freshman Yr of HS....& they are sticklers for timely payment or they will just cut service. Took care of it as soon as I saw this thread title/date...

Old 07-27-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, thank you so much, Carlotta for posting these daily! Even though my C2C book is sitting right here on my desk, I tend to read your posting first when I come here! Loved today's reading by the way!
Old 07-27-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Reading todays topic, I thought I would forward it to someone who is very judgemental and gossipy about his sister in law and a friend...then it occured to me that I should use this to clean up my own side of the street! I am guilty of compareing myself to others and can easily be drawn into gossip... I have attended my 6 Al Anon meetings and have started to curb this behavior so thank you for posting!