Notices

Today I didn't drink

Old 07-26-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I didn't drink

I didn't drink today, I owned today, I did everything and anything, but drink. That feels so damn good, tomorrow I might drink, but today I did it. Friends, its about today this moment, this second, forget everything, get lost and don't drink. TDG understands if you do drink, but don't drink. You are worth it my friend.

Yep, I love the word friend, we are all friends. Yes we haven't met, but we all share a common ground and experience. That is the human experiece, relating, helping and moving on. If you slip TDG and this community will be there, we will be there no matter what.

Today I didn't drink! Tomorrow I might, but today I didn't. Thats it today, this minute, this second, I didn't drink. Even if you are drinking and are reading this you want change and I applaud you, its that spirit that keeps me at this site, and sober. Hey, can't stop its hard, just register and message this delivery guy. I promise you, once you reach for help, help will reach for you. In my life that has held so true!

Guest and member alike today I didn't drink friends. and all the best to you, stay safe and sober friends. TDG
Old 07-26-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I didn't drink either. Day 15. My 4-yr-old was a testy little bugger. She is still awake (it's almost 11pm) and whining like crazy and just kicked me out of my bedroom because she only wanted it to be her and daddy. I didn't initially leave but she was throwing a fit and I just got tired of it and left the room.

Normally, I would be like, mommy needs a drink...as I have done countless times.

Nope. My husband can deal with her. I'm going to bed. Night! On to Day 16.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjuly View Post
I didn't initially leave but she was throwing a fit and I just got tired of it and left the room.
This is a good way to look at it. You tried to control it, you couldn't so you stopped trying! Good for you!

Originally Posted by soberjuly View Post
Normally, I would be like, mommy needs a drink...as I have done countless times.
So many times I have said the same thing. "I need a drink" was said more than I love you.

Congratulations on 16 days. Keep on, keeping on!
Old 07-27-2014, 01:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to both you guys
D
Old 07-27-2014, 02:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello Thatdeliveryguy,
great and inspirational. Thank You.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Thought I really understood one day at a time........

Had an old timer(a jolly joker) ask me yesterday at an AA meeting " how long do you need to be sober for?" I knew it was a teasing/leading question - but at day 48 sober I figured I had all the answers (haaa, haaaa).

I confidential replied- the rest of my life if I want to enjoy it! He just smiled - Later that night while watching TV, out of the blue that question and the correct answer popped into my head!
TODAY!!!

Man, I knew this.......But the question put in that way(humorous) really drove home all I have been taught and strive for!!!

How long do I need to be sober??!!!
I will never forget the gentle prodding question from a gent that has 20+ years of sobriety.

Peace
Old 07-27-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all who did not drink. After the first week or so, with resolve of staying stopped, it’s at times amazing how the time moves ahead especially if we keep busy.

It then gets to include a proud feeling at a month and other highlight days, all because it happened one day at a time.

There was an old timer when asked how long he was sober would respond “TODAY!”

BE WELL
Old 07-27-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I heard an old timer say, "Any fool can stay sober for a day." I can tell you, "I'm just not any fool."
Old 07-27-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats! May your today be like yesterday.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Today is the only eternity I will ever know so I will do it w/out alcohol--Good Plan!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great stuff!!