SO in and out of rehab, together 8 years -- advice?

Old 07-26-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

SO in and out of rehab, together 8 years -- advice?

So my SO of 8 years has been in and out of rehab for 2 years now. Including a trip to another state. She has gotten as far as 4 months clean then relapses. Seems to be recurring. We do not live together but have not been speaking for a while now. She tells me she was too dependent on me in the past and ran to me when she would fight with parents or feel stir crazy at home. So for a few months now we have barely exchanged phone convos, text messages. We did see each other once recently and laughed, smiled, kissed, etc. It was pretty amazing for me, missing her as I do.

Anyways, her staying away from me like this is a first and I am hoping it is a sign that she is finally truly working the system.

That's what she tells me. Says she needs time to figure herself out, etc.

Just sucks so badly and I miss her dearly.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, all.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Spantoh.....go to u-tube and type in "Madea---People are like leaves"

It is one of the best pieces of relationship advice that I have seen.

It might resonate with you right now!!!!!

dandylion
Old 07-26-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

spantoh - in and out of rehabs for two years isn't a good thing, if the individual keeps relapsing. that means the POINT of rehab is evading her and only buys her a few sober months before she starts drinking again.....that in and of itself becomes part of the cycle.

she may or may not be getting better. what you do know is that when you two were together she wasn't.......sometimes even tho people care for and love each other, they just should not be together. toxic stew. 8 years isn't something we just "get over" in a couple days, so give yourself a break - it's ok to miss her, but now is the time to focus on YOU.