Notices

Being challenged... 37 days

Old 07-26-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Being challenged... 37 days

37 days in. I just said goodbye to my best friend, who is moving away to another state for a new job. Im just so freaking sad and lonely. And here comes the AV, saying "I can be your friend...."

Ughhhh I hate being an alcoholic, I hate it so much.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey zelda, don't throw away your 37 Days!!

Things are always going to happen life, ups and downs, we just need to figure how to deal with things without alcohol!!

It can be done, you can do this!!
Old 07-26-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I won't! I think my plan is to hang out here and talk with you guys for a while and then meet my guild for raiding in our game.

It's just ugh, a Real reminder that I'm not like other people and I can't treat myself like I'm other people. I got a field this all the way through without the alcohol and that scares me.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((zeldachan)))); stay strong. Glad you posted. Congrats on 37 days.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry for the loss of your friend, but you can always communicate with him/her.
I moved miles away from a lot of my friends, too, but I knew it was nothing that drinking would make better.
On the contrary, I'd have to go through all the fear, anxiety and self-loathing of the next day and my friends still wouldn't be here.
You can make it through. Sounds like you have a plan and that's great.
I know how you feel, you can make it through sober. I have, so can you.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stay strong, zeldachan!

Something I'm learning myself is that there's no situation that alcohol will make any better. It will just make things ten times worse.

Congrats on 37 days!
Old 07-26-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Zelda, Congratulations on day 37! I am on day 21. 37 days is the longest I have gone without drinking my entire adult life, except when I was pregnant. Even then I drank a little bit. I am so looking forward to DAY 38-a milestone for me,
Old 07-26-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zeldachan View Post
37 days in. I just said goodbye to my best friend, who is moving away to another state for a new job. Im just so freaking sad and lonely. And here comes the AV, saying "I can be your friend...."

Ughhhh I hate being an alcoholic, I hate it so much.
Alcohol doesn't help loneliness, it just briefly masks it. Do you really wish you could drink "normally?" How would it really assist your current situation?

Just lies your AV is telling you. Be happy for 37 days sober, it's a good achievement.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Zelda

So proud of you for your 37 days. I understand how you feel about your friend leaving. I remember always wanting to take the edge off when things like this happened. I finally realized all I'd be gaining is a bit of numbness for awhile -and then there'd be an awful price to pay. Your friend wouldn't want to be the cause of your relapse. I like your idea of posting here - until the temptation goes.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stick with us Zelda - the more situations and emotions you face sober that voice will grow fainter, I promise

D
Old 07-26-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow 37 days! Good for you! I understand the loneliness with your friend moving. I get the remorse from realizing that recovery is a life long decision. Alcohol was such a large part of my life I had to work to learn how to deal without it. It doesn't make anything better or easier - it's all there waiting for you when you sober up. I promise it gets easier - honest. You have come through the brutal part and each and every time you tell the AV to shut up it gets easier. Good for you for posting and congrats on your success!