Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Just being positive, lets be positive together post the positive here

Notices

Old 07-25-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So I have this thing with me, where if I post something negative like my earlier post I like to post something positive too. I need to out weight or at least counter balance the negative with some positive. With that being said, lets spout positive, like its the fad of the weekend.

I have a job, every day all day I make money and deliver furniture, I am pleased to serve my customer in every way, nothing pleases me more when I am told awesome job!

I have a wife and a daughter, I am beginning to work things out in the family department, my wife is happy I am working sobriety, every day I try to tell her and my daughter why I love them no matter what.

I am grateful that 24 7 I have support through this site, I am grateful for those they are of service and answer phone calls any time of night( 3 am for me a couple times).

I am grateful that I am sober today, I am grateful for the fact I have an opportunity to affect positive change and be sober tomorrow, I am grateful that there is also a chance and decision, I am grateful to even exist and realize my existence.

Post what you're grateful for, post a positive message, post whatever you want, but try to brighten spirits and be uplifting, the weekend and Fridays are hard for people, so I want everyone to be selfless and share what it is that they are sober for and why they sober and how we are going to be sober this weekend.

I am grateful that I can even post this message, its still about today, and will forever be. But today, I am oozing hope and promise, and want you to post anything positive, despite you're condition please post just one positive thing, read the other positive things and today we can help each other.

Stay safe and sober friends. living for today, not living in the past, and trying to get some positive thoughts for me and you. Lets do this collectively, and help each other.?
Old 07-25-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am grateful because I had a really tough time with my attitude toward my ride-dependent dad yesterday, and I muttered under my breath constantly (and vented loudly here).

Today I had a much better spirit, and my family threw him a meaningful and excellent 90th birthday party that really touched him. Gratitude all around!
Old 07-25-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm pretty positive about the fact that I'm in uncharted territory. Haven't been this long without a drink in a very long time.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm pretty positive because I've had a rough couple of days but I didn't cave in and drink, when in the past I would have
Old 07-25-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm positive because the AV doesn't talk to me much anymore...my life now feels like the normal one, not my drinking life.

Killing every good thought of drinking with a bad thought immediately, has really worked for me.

I'm grateful to be at this point.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am grateful, every single day, and it's an amazing feeling.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm on vacation and all the grownups are drinking it up, so I spent some really cool one on one time with the teenagers in the group. They reminded me of how much fun you really can have even though you're not drinking! I've drank more water today than I ever have, (mostly because I'm so used to drinking constantly while on the river). The teens and I spent most of the day swimming & goofing off in the water so I got more exercise than I have in months! I may be struggling right now, but writing all this down makes me grateful I didn't cave. Thank you! My AV was on full throttle today but, I just kept replacing those thoughts with horrible ones and I made it!
Old 07-25-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fyi, I'm 37 so I'm sure the teens were sooooooo happy I was hanging with them! Lol #coolmom?
Old 07-25-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and 50 weeks without a drink. Every day is a blessing!
Old 07-25-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Deliveryguy, I had the most wonderful experience with a crew of furniture movers in February. They were able to do the move on very short notice, they worked a miracle, fitting my giant, lovely desk in a tight, unusually shaped space, and found an important key that I had been looking for. They were so kind and positive and hard working and they made a very stressful situation for me and my family, so much more manageable. So, I am very positive about furniture delivery guys.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Doubledragon, welcome to my world I deliver furniture, repair broken furniture and an expert at making the impossible possible. I work for a high end furniture company and 300lbs, 400lbs, 600lbs hard wood furnitue happens often. Yeah, talk a big game, up until a 400lbs piece is going up 5 stories there is no elevator and no way for more than 2 people to do it. I relish those moments, the moment I impress and get thanked for moving the insane through insanity. Its like my life, moving my insane butt through the insanity of sobriety.

Darn right, I love my job, I have an MBA and Bachelors degres, but I like moving furniture, those guys are amazing and I love working with them.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am grateful for the super nice teenage boys that work at the Arby's by my office. They make me laugh and smile every time I go there for my jamocha shake. They are so polite and fun.

I goof with them ordering on the speaker now. I ordered in my fake British accent and they answered in Spanish.

Happy fun teenagers are right up there with puppies for me. What would do without them?

It doesn't take much for me to be happy.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Love that! Wish they were friends with my son.