A huge THANK YOU to everyone here!

Old 07-24-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A huge THANK YOU to everyone here!

I haven't posted here in over two years. Everything started getting nasty when I filed for divorce from my exAH, and I worried that if my posts on this forum were discovered then things would get worse, so I stopped.

To cut a long story short, I am now happily divorced from my exAH and my life is 100 times better!

I wanted to stop by and say a huge thank you to everyone here who supported me on what was a very difficult and painful journey. I really couldn't have done it without you. At the time I felt as if I was going crazy and it was oh so tempting to return to the status quo.

The divorce was not easy or pleasant. I ended up in court twice and had to battle my whole exAH's family but I got there in the end.

My biggest worry in divorcing my exAH was that it would be bad for the kids. However, my children are happy and have adjusted well. They see their Dad every couple of weeks as he lives nearby (still with his parents two years on!). He continues to tell the kids that he is very sad and didn't want the divorce, but the kids can see through him. They know I love them and they tell me when he gets drunk, when they find his bottles in his drawers and if he kicks them. They know I am there for them, and they continue to love their Dad but are never quite sure where they stand with him.

I am now settled in a new house and have a great relationship with another guy. It is wonderful to have a calm and stable life where I am at peace, and it is so refreshing and different to be with someone who is reliable, honest, positive and caring.

Anyway, I hope my story will give at least one of you some strength. I have been in your shoes and know how tough it can be.

Best wishes and thank you.
x
Old 07-24-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

whatamess.....thank you so much for stopping to think of others!

I know that your testimony will be inspirational to others who need to know that it does get better.

dandylion
Old 07-24-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats to you, All the best! God bless very inspirational.