Notices

day 5.. I need to run off these thoughts!

Old 07-24-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 5.. I need to run off these thoughts!

Yesterday was a good day.. then I got a text from a "friend" a guy who I used to buy coke from. Well, sometimes I'd buy it, sometimes he would give it to me followed by him trying to hit on me for days after. We never dated or were more than friends, but when I was drinking I definitely encouraged the flirting, because of course the flirtier I was the more he gave me for free (SO ugly, I know) coke was never really my DOC. I mean I like it but I was more into taking pills. but if I was already drunk and it was offered I gladly accepted. Anyway, I was up till 2am last night obsessing over it.. this morning he texted again and i told him not to text me anymore.

Sorry my post is all over the place, these are just my thoughts at the moment. Its a combo of the cravings, and also the gross feeling remembering how I let this loser talk to me when I shouldve had enough self respect to tell him to take his cocaine and f*** off! About to go on a long run, take a shower and move on with my day. Ugh!!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you didn't reply. Honestly i'd block that number now, you don't need that kind of thing at this point in your sobriety.

Great job on getting to day 5, look forward to what you can do today to make it a great sober day rather than digging up ugly memories from the past.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Scott!! hope you have a great day
Old 07-24-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Ready2beSober, hope your run went well.

You did week to reject the guy, congratulations on day 5, keep visiting, it really helps when times get a bit tough or confusing, there are many people here with vast experiences of dealing with cravings, out of sorts and all the stuff we may expect when giving up drink or/and drugs.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 5 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!