Notices

Good Afternoon.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon.

Hello, everyone. I'm new here and just wanted to stop by and say hello. I've been trying to quit drinking for quite some time but have failed miserably. Now its effecting my family financially and emotionally.
I'm looking forward to getting to know others and begin my sober journey.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Good afternoon 2 u 2! Let me b one of the 1st 2 welcome you here. Your in the rite place @ the rite time coz its neva 2 late start on recovery! This disease affected me also including family & evthg else. Thot bout possibly going 2 AA? That's whats worked 4 me so far. Will meet like minded people that can identify w/..,plus SR is always @ you're fingertips...try it out & post what you think
Best wishes
Ps btw,used 2 live in ga now in md! So howdy 2 another southerner
Old 07-24-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
I fell flat on my face trying to quit, I couldn't count them. It's hard to stop when you reach the point I did. I was alcohol dependent. physically and emotionally. It was my life. I was a bona fide drunk.
It took me a long time to reach that point an it took me a long time to quit.
Alcohol was affecting every part of my life. In fact, it was my life. At the end I was either drunk or recovering from one. I was pathetic.

Then, I made a phone call to AA who hooked me up with a man who drank like I did and successfully quit. I wanted that. So after much chickening out, I went to a meeting. I met people who had a lot in common with me. I didn't know there were so many. I drank again, but it was never the same.
I wish you the best in quitting. It can be done. You'll find lots of support here and I wish you the best.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome Pickle - SR is filled with people who can relate to exactly that same feeling. Know that you are not alone and that you absolutely can quit if you really want to, we are here to help and share what worked for us. What have you tried so far?
Old 07-24-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, Pickle32! I'm new to this, too, finding the site a great support and resource now that I am posting and not just lurking!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Pickle!!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Pickle.

I know what you mean. My fun social drinking turned into a nightmare. Over the years I'd become completely dependent on it - it was no longer enjoyable but a necessity. I clung to it out of fear - so afraid to let go. I confused and hurt so many people - and also put myself in danger. It had to go! You can do it Pickle - we're here to help. Glad you found us.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
aka In 'n Out

You're in the right place Pickle! Hang around, read and post. At some point you will make the decision and then your sober journey will begin...
Old 07-25-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Pickle! you have come to the right place. Great support here. With the help of the SR family i have made it 19 days today; quitting was the best decision i have made in quite some time! You can do it too...

Best of luck.