Notices

feeling happy (for now lol)

Old 07-23-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling happy (for now lol)

Not gona lie- I spent yesterday having a big pity party, lol. Upset because I drank over the weekend, depressed cause I didnt have energy to clean or do yardwork, irritated cause my kids kept fighting and the list goes on, and on and ON.

I really think when I'm having those kind of days I am trying to trick myslf into going to get a bottle. I tell myself if I just drink a little bit- I wont be so grumpy, I'll get my house clean etc. I wont have anxiety..Forgetting that if I drink, I'll be hungover and even grumpier the next day so thatll lead to "just one more day."

Anyway, I didnt give in so today is another sober day and I forced myself to stop being such a cry baby and try to do something about the way I'm feeling. Got up early, made coffee, cooked my kids breakfast and cleaned up and we just got back from a hike. I was irritated because they were fighting yesterday, but no wonder! If I'm walking around pissed off all day, of course everyone around me will be affected and be in s***ty moods too. Lol. So thats the plan for today, not to trick myself into thinking alcohol will make me happier, and just try to be happy on my own
Old 07-23-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It can be quite easy to go to the party. There are times I had the cake, ice cream, hats, noise makers and pizza but I was the only one there. Sort of lonely!

I felt better when I interacted with others and it still works. Left to our own devices that self will comes right out of the closet and tries to convince me to escape. Drunk and lonely always felt better than just lonely but that is a lie. If I am lonely that is because I choose to be that way.

Get out and get some air. Walk in the park. Say hello to a few people. Get the blood pumping. Always makes me feel a little better. If not then pick up the phone and call a friend or cruise around on SR. You are never alone if you keep reaching out.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The early stages are going to be an emotional roller coaster, but things will level out with time!! Hang in there!!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Great insight into the mental struggle when we quit.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so glad you didn't drink yesterday. If I drank every time my kids were fighting with each other I would be in a constant state of black out, pickled or dead. I understand that one.

I used to think I could clean the house, get the kids to listen and stop fighting, do the laundry, etc. if I just had a drink but that was all a lie. Then I used to drink to escape the mess and the chaos caused by my drinking to get it all done. I'm glad you had a better day today. Good insight! Hang in there. I usually threaten the kids with chores and they magically disappear. Maybe that will work for you.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
quat

Nice post, it really sounds like it comes from someone who is ready to stop trying to convince themselves that they believe the "lie", once I understood that I acknowledged it was a lie , I could no longer pretend to myself that I didn't know it,,that is when I was ready.

Pity parties suck, but that doesn't mean that aren't warranted ,maybe once every couple of months for like ten minutes, sometimes "things" suck. But , for me , I know drinking will in no way make them unsuck ,even a little bit.

Wish you well