Notices

Day 2!!

Old 07-23-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2!!

OK....I have to say last night was very challenging for me....going home from work and not pouring myself a glass of wine. The urge to justify the "maybe just one drink" was so strong. I don't have any wine in the house but thought of going out for dinner and having one, no more than two glasses of wine. I told myself it would be better then me drinking the bottle of wine like I normally would do. I fought the urge and did NOT go out for dinner. I felt sad and somewhat miserable. I ate so bad yesterday. Things I would never eat....chips...banana split....Kraft Dinner....Cheese and crackers and a chocolate bar. I didn't care. I felt a void and I wanted to fill it but not with wine. I woke up this morning feeling like a million bucks, even though I was a few pounds heavier..lol...I felt so much better then ever and it's only 24 hours into......living a healthier life. My joints aren't aching as much and the tingling is not as bad as yesterday. Today I chose not to drink. I'm am merely focused on one day at a time and I'm not thinking about tonight. Just the now.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm with you. Today I will not drink.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 2

D
Old 07-23-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 3 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-23-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm day 2 also. These swings from, "I'm so glad I'm doing this, I feel amazing!" to, "What will I do now? Will life be constantly, forever, thinking about Not drinking?, ugh"... are nuts!. It's funny because I've gone weeks, even months without drinking before, but I know this time is different, I know I want to stop for good, so my mind is in sort of a panic I think. Lol. I just can't wait to wake up tomorrow not hungover.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

congrats I am right there with you day three for me and I have been eating all kinds of junk too. fast food, drinking soda...things i would never normally do. I usually eat healthy in spite of drinking like a fish lol.

trying to keep my mmind in the present moment has worked really well for me. instead of 'should i go drink, maybe just one and thats it tonight, if i just drink one it's better than twelve all night'
It's 'I'm not going to drink for the next hour and that's that' then when that hour is up, if I haven't distracted myself with something else and no longer am wanting a drink, I repeat ' I'm not going to have a drink for another hour and that's all that matters'

I have a lot to learn but it seems to help so far. it keeps the 'panic' factor down because it's. a solid plan and there aren't. hundreds of options for what i can do the rest of the night/week/month/lifetime running thru my head, driving me insane, making me want a drink even more.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think it is really important to do whatever you need to do to not drink....if that means eating food you normally wouldn't...so be it! I ate...ok...I still do...a lot of ice cream. Alcohol has a ton of sugar. When alcohol is no longer there, the craving for sugar kicks in. That is why it is suggested to eat something sweet. Keep up the great work!!
Old 07-23-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats thats awesome. Youve got good resolve going. Keep it up.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats Wellnessgirl! We are so much alike! I was able to fend of my after work glass of wine with a simple glass of tonic and lemon (no vodka or gin of course). I don't know if it was the tartness, or the bubbles, but my AV was pacified! I did not drink tonight. I was even able to run a few errands because I was sober, and would never drive after cocktails.

Day 3 for me.
3 consecutive days.
I haven't been able to say that in a long time. [insert virtual high 5]