Notices

Feeling anxious of late

Old 07-22-2014, 09:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling anxious of late

I am very happy to be sober - it's now been 2.5 months. But there is a lot going on at home. I need to be providing support for another family member. I am feeding off that anxiety. I know I can allow myself to get overwhelmed by these feeling and that is no good for me. I don't really know why I've posted and why I'm feeling flat and have butterflies in my stomach. I do know it will pass. Also, I know how important it is that I don't block these feelings with alcohol. Living life on life's term - what I haven't done for a lot of my life.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for whatever is going on AF but remember there is always support here

Noone does this alone

D
Old 07-22-2014, 10:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee - rationally I know that I just need to sit with the anxiety and it will pass. I know to keep myself occupied and just be aware of what I'm feeling. Somehow I managed to study (mostly when I was drinking again) - now I have a good government job - managers keep asking me to take on more work and responsibility. This is good but I get very anxious. And with a very anxious child at the moment - boy am I feeling it!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi AF...we have about the same time without alcohol Today was rough for me as well for a few reasons that I had very little control over. Truly felt the anxiety through and through. I had to breathe it out. Deep breaths and some moments I bent over, stretched and breathed...like I was prepping for the opening sprint of a long race. This and visualization is what I did today.

My work mode and parent mode are two totally different approaches to time management which sometimes overlap and conflict in my life. Go easy on yourself. Nice job writing and talking it out Everyone is here to lighten the load a little and offer perspective.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks heaps Le Verte - I'm sorry to hear today hasn't been great for you either. Yes tomorrow is another day. Thanks very much for sharing what you've been feeling today - I really appreciate it.