Notices

Just feeling a bit down.....

Old 07-22-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Just feeling a bit down.....

Ok day, not too motivated. Sober. Just want my life put together finally and be happy.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try and be patient windancer - keep doing all the right things and you'll get there

D
Old 07-22-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry you are feeling down. There will be days like that. Be good to yourself. Why are you feeling down? Sometimes when I am feeling down and I ask myself why I can do something about it. Sometimes I can't and just weather through it.

Tomorrow is another day. Maybe sleep?
Old 07-22-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's gonna take time!! Keep hanging in there!!
Old 07-22-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It can be so hard to be patient, Windancer, but if you keep at it, just doing a bit at a time, you'll get there.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Put your effort into 'today'. Don't want so much for the future. Concentrate on today. Put your best efforts into today. You'll get there. It just takes time.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are getting there. You will make it. You can do this.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You're doing this.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm the same when I just want everything to be good as soon as possible. But even when things are good you get days like you're feeling like now. Keep going, you're doing well.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I guess Im just sad at where I am in this point in my life and all the damage and pain I have caused again and again and again. Honestly, Im not really craving alcohol too bad right now, just feel somewhat isolated and lonely. But I suppose that is to be expected. And then I feel I deserve to feel this way as I did it to myself, and kept letting my loved ones down. Then I try to remember I would not talk to a friend at all the way I talk to myself sometimes. I have a strong conscious. I hope that one day with all this pain and experience I can help others.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I guess Im sick and tired of being sick and tired. But, Im changing it. Slowly, but I hope it has a snowball effect. My head becomes chaos a lot with thoughts that repeat and repeat and I become very insecure and anxious. That drives me nuts because naturally at my core, (and as a child) I was very outgoing, confidant, creative, talented and positive. I feel that things in my life (or how Ive dealt with them or whatever) has created a false me. Also, I need to quit comparing myself to others. I should be this, I should have done that, I should be here and have this by now etc.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Windancer... I'm feeling the same in my recovery... The past few days have been depressing and tough but I just keep trying to tell myself it'll get better.

Big hugs for you, let's stay strong!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
I guess Im sick and tired of being sick and tired. But, Im changing it. Slowly, but I hope it has a snowball effect. My head becomes chaos a lot with thoughts that repeat and repeat and I become very insecure and anxious. That drives me nuts because naturally at my core, (and as a child) I was very outgoing, confidant, creative, talented and positive. I feel that things in my life (or how Ive dealt with them or whatever) has created a false me. Also, I need to quit comparing myself to others. I should be this, I should have done that, I should be here and have this by now etc.
I hope it helps to tell you that I feel the same as I'm sure a lot of others do on this forum who have got way more sober time than me. As long as you can see the gradual change then that's something :-)
Old 07-22-2014, 10:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

In the beginning it's like trying to drink from a firehose! Slow down. You didn't get into this mess overnight and you won't get out of it overnight, either. Try to appreciate the little victories and joys. Think of this as a long trip that you must do in stages.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

What really helps me is to think about what I still have in my life, my health being the first thing. I also practice positive reinforcement, by repeating positive things to myself.
Just little things, like you got this, you are better then this, no surrender no mercy, life has so much to offer, you can't change yesterday, live in the now moment.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
Also, I need to quit comparing myself to others. I should be this, I should have done that, I should be here and have this by now etc.
THIS is one of my biggest issues. I'm actually in counselling hoping to get the tools to deal with it. I'm 37 (38 end of year) and I have a hard time even looking on FB at days. Seeing all these people, with kids, living abroad, owing cottages...etc etc...and I think "WHERE THE CRAP DID I GO WRONG?"
I had so many opportunities (I lived in Zurich, Switzerland for a few years and travelled extensively) that I *literally* pissed away. Now, back at in the city I hate, at a job I like but isn't exactly great paying, 2 DUIS so no driving probably ever again b/c who the hell can afford car insurance when I am allowed to drive!!, the list goes on and on.

*hugs*
the comparison shopping mentality sucks. I know it all too well.
why can't we just be happy with what we DO have and accomplished? I talk a big game, and people always tell me I come across as a very confident person...I snicker inside b/c I am not.at.all.
some days are harder than others. we need to focus on the good days.