Notices

Exteme Hunger!/Mood Swings

Old 07-22-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering

Exclamation Exteme Hunger!/Mood Swings

Hi guys,

Whilst I have gone through withdrawal many times. I have decided to take up a 2 week challenge of no alcohol (which I always break) but this time its day 2 and im constantly craving junk food or sugary things.

I know that when you stop drinking you sugar level is out of whack so is it just the body craving carbs?

Also my mood has been pretty all over the place one minute down n dreadful and the next im fine but im always feeling like the direction im headed in life I dont know where it's going.

Anyways would love your experiences and thoughts and ANY tips on withdrawl and to help me finally do 2 weeks sober!
Old 07-22-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi Drknz,

You just described part of early sobriety in a nutshell. Obviously you can't make it a lifetime event but don't worry so much about what you're eating right now. If you crave sugar, then sugar it is! There are more threads about ice cream and sweets on this board than you can shake a stick at. You're doing hard and good work, allow yourself those things.

The moods also get better too. In the beginning it's just as you described. I now refer to it as the exorcism of the AV. Right now it's mad, you're not giving in and feeding it so it's throwing your moods all over the place to try to keep you in its clutches.

Come here and ask all the questions and read as much as you can. It helps to know that you're not alone.

This all gets better, with time. I promise!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering

Thanks LadyBlue! the thing that annoys me at the moment is being aggitated and so tired during the day and feeling out of it like I cant concentrate whilst at work.

And then at night its like the freaking opposite! bit more switched on, alert and mind wont go to sleep!

Annoying!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The body needs time to adjust from not having what it has always had, it's gonna take more than a few days, it may even take months, it can't do the job in one night.

Things will level out through, but you have to give it time, the body needs a chance to heal!!