Notices

feeling lost

Old 07-22-2014, 01:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling lost

Hello ,I find myself needing some advise,I got married 2 years ago but have been together with my husband for 3 and half years,we have a baby girl of a year old together. When I met my husband he was using cocaine and I wasn't aware ,at this point I was a recovering addict from other subtances,but I was drinking, 2 month into our relationship he introduced me to cocaine and I was hooked instantly,from there it has been a rollercoaster ride of fights,verbal abuse from him and awful emotional pain. We got married anyway as we were now party buddies,I started wanting out of drugs and by accident got pregnant with my daughter,I was clean for over a year and for long after her birth, but I have relapsed at the beginning of this year. I never want to use again and haven't because I love my daughter so very much and I want to be the mom she deserves. My problem I have now is my husband continues to smoke weed and doesn't want to quit and also I have found out that he has been lying to me from the start about almost everything. He also continues to use cocaine whenever I go out of town to visit family.even tho I told him that I will leave if he doesn't stop. He once again used and I busted him,he doesn't want to go for help and he keeps on promising he will stop.now I want to divorce him to get myself and my daughter away from the drugs and verbal abuse ,but I fear for what the future hold.I feel so lost
Old 07-22-2014, 01:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Greetings Nikki! This site is a great place for support and advice through this difficult time. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate....but I have faith you can overcome the drugs and be there for your daughter, and do what you and your daughter need for that healthy life.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum nikki!!
Old 07-22-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hi nikki,

If the relationship is at any point turning physical or you can see it going that way, it is best to look into getting yourself or your daughter out of there.. seek refuge with friends and or family.

Also if your Husband has not quit drugs when he saw his daughter born then its very likely hes very deep into addiction. Pushing him to quit will not help and will only make him feel angry and use more. People can only truly quit when they feel the time has come for themselves to take control of their lives and live for something better.

Welcome!
Old 07-22-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep coming back. this place is helping me even though I still struggle too.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Nikki!

The health and welfare of you and your daughter should come first at this point. Your husband will have to come to terms with his addiction on his own. We can't make other people get help. Is there somewhere you could go for awhile in order to get help for yourself and get your daughter and you away from the abuse?